Ramendu Majumdar (born 9 August 1941) is a Bangladeshi actor, stage director and theater producer. In 2011, he was elected the President of International Theatre Institute (ITI) for the second time. He was the second Asian to be elected to this position since ITI's establishment in 1948 as an initiative of UNESCO. He was awarded Ekushey Padak by the Government of Bangladesh in 2009.
|Alma mater||University of Dhaka|
|Occupation||Actor, stage director, theater producer|
Early life and educationEdit
Majumdar was born on 9 August 1941 in Lakshmipur to Kuntal Krishna Majumdar and Leela Majumdar. He studied higher secondary at Comilla Victoria Government College. He studied English literature at the University of Dhaka.
Majumder co-founded the Bangladesh Centre of the ITI. In 2008, ITI elected him as the President. He was elected again for the same position in 2011. He is the Chairman of the Dhaka Arts Centre.
Majumder owns a theater group named Theater. As of 2014, the group has produced total 43 plays. He is Chairman and Managing Director of Expressions Ltd, an advertising firm. He founded this firm in 1993 after working for a firm, Bitopi Leo Burnett, for 21 years.
- Tobias Biancone (August 9, 2011). "Ramendu Majumdar A man of goodwill, theatre and peace". The Daily Star.
- "Ramendu Majumdar re-elected ITI worldwide president". The Daily Star. September 25, 2011.
- "A celebration for Ramendu Majumdar". The Daily Star. November 19, 2008.
- Jamil Mahmud (February 25, 2009). "Another feather in the cap". The Daily Star.
- Rafi Hossain (August 20, 2016). "Life at 75". The Daily Star. Retrieved July 9, 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- পথিকৃৎ নাট্যজন রামেন্দু মজুমদার. Bangladesh Pratidin (in Bengali). January 13, 2017.
- Nadia Sarwat (August 4, 2008). "Revisiting a creative bond". The Daily Star.
- Fayza Haq (April 11, 2014). "A Theatrical Journey". The Daily Star.
- "Through The Eyes Of Ramendu Majumdar". The Daily Star. 2018-05-12. Retrieved 2018-05-30.
- "Ramendu Majumdar and Ferdausi Majumdar were honoured". The Daily Star. 2011-12-21. Retrieved 2018-05-30.