Radiodiffusion Television Ivoirienne
Radiodiffusion-Télévision ivoirienne (RTI) is the publicly owned radio and television authority of Côte d'Ivoire. It is financed through a combination of television and radio licences, advertisements, and taxes.
|Type||Broadcast radio and television|
|Owner||Government of Côte d'Ivoire|
|Director General: Fausséni DEMBELE|
|Radio: Radio Côte d'Ivoire |
1961 - 1991
RTI currently operates two radio networks, in addition to four national television networks
- La Nationale : News and general programming
- Fréquence 2 : light entertainment programming
- La Première : News and general programming
- RTI 2 : Music and Entertainment
- RTI Music TV : Popular music
- RTI Sport TV : Sport
The RTI group has developed partnerships with a number of foreign broadcasters and corporations. RTI has a program sharing agreement with the Benin national broadcaster LC2 and the domestic broadcast network KBS.
Thomson France has been contracted, to refurbish the broadcasting infrastructure of RFI television and radio.
RFI has begun a push for total radio and television coverage of the nation prior to the 2008 general elections, and has a 9 billion (us) CFA Franc program to rebuild broadcast facilities. The 13 existing will be refurbished and 14 additional modern broadcast points will be constructed. This program includes the building of a number of new technical buildings and business offices throughout the country.
Existing television stations
Planned new stations :
Rebuilding broadcast facilities in the northEdit
The end of the Ivorian Civil War of 2002-2007 left both the infrastructure and reputation of the RTI media in the former rebel held areas of the country damaged. Much of the population in the northern rebel regions see the RTI news programs as culpable in the propaganda push of the national government. RTI has set out plans to re-extend broadcast facilities and programming to these former rebel regions.
- http://news.abidjan.net/videos/video.asp?n=4650&cat=art Vidéo JT La première (RTI)[dead link]
- "séance de travail entre la RTI et Thomson". Archived from the original on 2007-09-27. Retrieved 2007-10-05.
- http://news.abidjan.net/h/258447.html Archived 2007-09-27 at the Wayback Machine Réhabilitation, 9 milliards
- La télévision ivoirienne change de grille pour soutenir la réconciliation.[permanent dead link] 2 April 2007, AFP wire.
- Média/Brou Amessan Pierre(DG de la RTI) : “Que l’État aide la RTI avant l’ouverture du paysage audiovisuel”.[permanent dead link] Interview with the director general of RTI, 5 October 2007, in Fraternité Matin.
- www.lematindabidjan.com: bientôt sur satelite!
- Translation of fr:Wikipedia's Radiodiffusion Television Ivoirienne, 2007-10-04.