Raasta (2017 film)
Raasta (Urdu: راستہ) is a 2017 Pakistani Action Thriller Film starring Sahir Lodhi, Abeer Rizvi, Aijaz Aslam and Shamoon Abbasi Naveed raza in Lead Roles, alongside Saima Azhar, Mathira and Saeeda Imtiaz in Cameo Appearances. The film is directed by Sahir Lodhi himself and was Released on 31 March 2017.
|Directed by||Sahir Lodhi|
|Produced by||Moid Ul Hassan, Dr. Faisal Zia and Sahir Lodhi|
|Written by||Shahid Naqvi|
|Narrated by||Sahir Lodhi|
|Music by||Saji Ali|
|Cinematography||Nabeel Jawaid Qureshi|
|Edited by||Muhammad Irfan,Muhammad Bilal Habib|
Sahir Lodhi Films
Sams Company ,TV-1 Films
|Distributed by||IMGC Global Entertainment|
|Box office||20 lakh Rs |
Raasta revolves around two brothers who try to bond and get revenge against the failed political system in Pakistan.
- Sahir Lodhi as Sameer
- Aijaz Aslam as Inspector Sultan
- Shamoon Abbasi as Shahnawaz Rajpoot
- Naveed Raza as Sherry
- Saima Azhar as Maya
- Abeer Rizvi
- Nadia as Mona
- Sana Nawaz as Bhabi
- Saniya Mansoor as Zoya
- Saleem Mairaj
- Saeeda Imtiaz (Cameo Appearance)
- Mathira as Dancer in the Song ''Pee Lay''
- Ramis Khan as SRK
The shooting of the film began in November 2015 and it was shot in Karachi. The details about the film were revealed in November 2015. The film stars Naveed Raza, Sana Nawaz, Aijaz Aslam, Saleem Mairaj, Shamoon Abbasi and Saima Azhar in pivotal roles. Mathira was chosen to make Appearance in an item Song ''Pee Lay''. This is the debut film of the lead actors Sahir Lodhi, Abeer Rizvi and Saima Azhar.
The soundtrack of Raasta is composed by Kamran Akhtar and Saji Ali.
|1||Dil Faqeer||Rahat Fateh Ali Khan||04:22|
|2||Meharman||Damiya Farooqi, Nabeel Shaukat Ali||04:03|
|3||Choti Umariya||Sara Raza Khan, Saji Ali||03:26|
|4||Dil Faqeer (Techno Mix)||Rahat Fateh Ali Khan||04:27|
|5||Pee Lay||Saji Ali, Saman Sabri||04:15|
|6||Raasta (Title Track)||Saji Ali||04:09|
The Film was released on 31 March 2017 in Pakistan, USA, UK and UAE. The film came out to be a ''Disaster'' at Box Office with Low Response from audiences, earned only 23 lacs in 5 days and was declared as an expected Flop for the Makers. Raasta Performed Poorly and distributors Suffered Financially. The Action Packed Movie was Taken Off from Cinemas within 2 weeks due to Small Audiences.
The Express Tribune did not give the film a rating, commenting: "Once you’re in it, there is no coming out of the half-hearted action sequences, flat dialogue deliveries and the confusing cathartic experience that Sahir Lodhi directorial tries to offer." Hasham Cheema of Dawn described the film as "Hilarious" with high Entertainment Value and Dramatic Scenes, summarising Lodhi's performance: "Unapologetically violent, disproportionately proud, self-righteous, relentless, surreal and Borderline absurd; this film brings together all that I find Profoundly interesting about the Quintessential Pakistani Pop Celebrity."
The movie was heavily criticized and termed a Disaster by many Critics and Bloggers, leading to a public Retort by Lodhi who said their Reviews were Motivated by Personal Bias. The Express Tribune quoted a manager of Super Cinemas questioning the Distributors' Decision to Consider the film Suitable for Public Screening, following its Performance. However, the manager also added that he Provided the Morning, Evening and Night Shows to the film to support Pakistani Cinema.
- "Revealed: Former model Saima Azhar's debut film will be Sahir Lodhi's 'Rastey'". Images. 11 November 2015. Retrieved 23 January 2017.
- Shiraz Alwani, Sumaira (12 November 2015). "New Pakistani Movie Rastey Feat. Model Saima Azhar, Aijaz Aslam and Sahir Lodhi". Brandsynario. Retrieved 5 March 2016.
- Ul Haq, Irfan. "Revealed: Former model Saima Azhar's debut film will be Sahir Lodhi's 'Rastey'". Images. Retrieved 5 March 2016.
- Mahmood, Zeeshan (15 November 2015). "Sahir Lodhi's 'Rasta' is about system's failure, revenge and bond of brothers". Galaxy Lollywood. Retrieved 5 March 2016.
- "Distribution Club to release one Pakistani film every month - The Express Tribune". The Express Tribune. 5 October 2016. Retrieved 23 January 2017.
- Mehmood, Rafay (31 March 2017). "Raasta review: It's Sahir Lodhi against your sanity". The Express Tribune. Retrieved 1 April 2017.
- Cheema, Hasham (3 April 2017). "Sahir Lodhi's new film Raasta is a list of reasons to not hire Sahir Lodhi". Dawn. Retrieved 3 April 2017.
- "Sahir Lodhi blasts bloggers for criticising movie". www.geo.tv. Retrieved 7 April 2017.
- "Sahir Lodhi has a bone to pick with online critiques - Entertainment - Dunya News". dunyanews.tv. Retrieved 7 April 2017.
- "Sahir Lodhi's 'Raasta' bombs at the box office - The Express Tribune". The Express Tribune. 6 April 2017. Retrieved 7 April 2017.