This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The RTÉ Guide in June 2009.
|Categories||TV and radio listings magazine|
|First issue||1 December 1961|
|Company||RTÉ Commercial Enterprises Ltd|
The magazine offers detailed programme listings for RTÉ channels, as well as Virgin Media One (TV3), TG4 (TnaG), Virgin Media Two (3e), BBC One, BBC Two, UTV, and Channel 4, as well as less detailed listings for variations of BBC Wales, ITV Wales, S4C and a number of satellite and cable channels. RTÉ Radio programme listings are also published. Lifestyle and celebrity articles are also included in the magazine.
History and publicationEdit
From 8 January 1977, the RTÉ Guide switches from tabloid format to a compact magazine size and also changes from monochrome into colour, while early on listings were carried for the BBC but were later dropped after a few years and only RTÉ programme listings were carried. Following the UK listings magazines such as Radio Times and TVTimes were deregulated from 1 March 1991, the magazine began carrying BBC, UTV/HTV Wales and Channel 4 (with S4C) listings also from 13 April 1991.
In April 2018 the RTÉ Guide got its first new look for some years.
In May 2019, it was reported that RTE was considering putting the RTÉ Guide up for sale.  In June 2019, it was reported that the Sunday Business Post owner, Enda O’Coineen, might acquire the RTÉ Guide.  However, in December 2019, RTÉ had abandoned the sale of the RTÉ Guide. 
The Audit Bureau of Circulations circulation figures for the RTÉ Guide were:
- 130,327 for July 2002 to December 2002
- 118,263 for July 2003 to December 2003
- 61,881 for 2012
- 53,695 in 2014
- 51,413 for 2015
- 48,089 for 2016
- 45,861 for 2017
- 43,195 for 2018
The RTE Guide is no longer ABC audited.  Hence, no ABC figures are available post 2018.
- "RTÉ Archives - Daily stories from television and radio records of Irish life". Rte.ie. Retrieved 2 October 2017.
- "Business Name Registration number 39315". Companies Registration Office (Ireland). Retrieved 15 October 2011.
- P45 (Copyrighted material) of Media and the Law by Tom Crone
- "9 important thoughts we have about this year's RTÉ Christmas Guide cover". The Journal. 8 December 2016. Retrieved 8 December 2016.
- "Mag ABCs: 137 out 516 consumer mags put on circ year on year, full breakdown". Pressgazette.co.uk. Retrieved 2 October 2017.