This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The RTÉ Guide in June 2009.
|Categories||TV and radio listings magazine|
|First issue||1 December 1961|
|Company||RTÉ Commercial Enterprises Ltd|
The magazine offers detailed programme listings for RTÉ channels, as well as Virgin Media One (TV3), TG4 (TnaG), Virgin Media Two (3e), BBC One, BBC Two, UTV, and Channel 4, as well as less detailed listings for variations of BBC Wales, ITV Wales, S4C and a number of satellite and cable channels. RTÉ Radio programme listings are also published. Lifestyle and celebrity articles are also included in the magazine.
History and publicationEdit
From 8 January 1977, the RTÉ Guide changed from tabloid format to a compact magazine size and also changes from monochrome into colour, while early on listings were carried for the BBC but were later dropped after a few years and only RTÉ programme listings were carried. Following the UK listings magazines such as Radio Times and TVTimes were deregulated from 1 March 1991, the magazine began carrying BBC, UTV/HTV Wales and Channel 4 (with S4C) listings also from 13 April 1991.
A special Christmas double issue of RTÉ Guide is published every year to cover the Christmas period and the New Year.
In April 2018 the RTÉ Guide got its first new look for some years.
The Audit Bureau of Circulations circulation figures for the RTÉ Guide were:
- "RTÉ Archives - Daily stories from television and radio records of Irish life". Rte.ie. Retrieved 2 October 2017.
- "Business Name Registration number 39315". Companies Registration Office (Ireland). Retrieved 15 October 2011.
- P45 (Copyrighted material) of Media and the Law by Tom Crone
- "9 important thoughts we have about this year's RTÉ Christmas Guide cover". The Journal. 8 December 2016. Retrieved 8 December 2016.
- "Mag ABCs: 137 out 516 consumer mags put on circ year on year, full breakdown". Pressgazette.co.uk. Retrieved 2 October 2017.