Qyshk (in Albanian) or Ćuška (Serbian Cyrillic: Ћушка) is a village near Peja, in western Kosovo.[a] It is inhabited predominantly by ethnic Albanians.
|Coordinates: Coordinates: 42°39′26″N 20°20′20″E / 42.657222°N 20.338889°E|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
In May 1999, during the Kosovo War, the Jackals paramilitary unit massacred civilians in the village. Members of this unit are now facing sentences.
- Agim Çeku, Former Minister of Kosovo Security Force
- ^ a b The political status of Kosovo is disputed. Having unilaterally declared independence from Serbia in 2008, Kosovo is formally recognised as an independent state by 101 out of 193 (52.3%) UN member states (with another 13 recognising it at some point but then withdrawing their recognition), while Serbia continues to claim it as part of its own territory.
- ^ 2011 Kosovo Census results
- ^ ""Šakali" committed crimes in the village of Ćuška". RTV. 21 February 2011. (in Serbian)
- Life in Kosovo: War Crimes (interview with former paramilitary involved in the massacre)