Quincy Jones III
This biography of a living person relies too much on references to primary sources. (September 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Quincy Delight Jones III (born 23 December 1968) (also known as QDIII, QD3 and Snoopy) is a Swedish-American music producer, film producer, and author. He was a jury member of Swedish Idol 2016.
|Quincy Jones III|
Quincy Jones III in July 2008
Quincy Delight Jones III|
23 December 1968
Wimbledon, London, England
|Other names||QDIII, QD3, Snoopy|
|Labels||Qwest, Reprise, Warner Bros.|
Quincy Delight Jones III was born in Wimbledon, London, the son of Swedish model Ulla Andersson and her American husband Quincy Jones Jr, a musician and music producer. He grew up in Sweden with his older sister Martina after their parents legally separated. The two have four American half-sisters by their father's two other marriages and relationships in the United States, including the actresses Kidada and Rashida Jones.
Quincy Jones III is the founder of QD3 Entertainment, which has produced a series of documentaries known collectively as Beef. These explore the violence and feuds within hip hop culture. Jones is also a hip hop DJ; he released an album called Soundlab (1991).
On November 4, 2009, Chamillionaire launched the Global Innovation Tournament 2009 with Quincy Jones III at Stanford University as part of the Stanford Entrepreneurial Thought Leaders Seminar Series.
He is known for his documentary The Carter (2009), about rapper Lil Wayne. The rapper filed a lawsuit to prevent distribution because he wanted control over the final cut, but the case was dismissed by the judge. A Huffington Post review ranked it as one of the top five movies about hip-hop.
In January 2014 he founded WeMash, an Internet service that connects owners of content (movie studios, news organizations, sports entities, music labels/publishers) with creators from every field (video artists, filmmakers, musicians, and more) to reimagine content beyond its original context. Investors include venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz.
- Q, The Autobiography Of Quincy Jones
Films and documentariesEdit
- 1987: Stockholmsnatt as Quincy. Also narrating.
- 2002: The Freshest Kids: A History Of The B-Boy (as producer, QD3 Entertainment)
- 2006: Beef: The Series (QD3 Entertainment)
- Public tax records (accessible by telephone) from the Swedish Tax Agency
- Superiorpics.com: Quincy Jones, accessed 2010-07-08
- "Beef I Trailer - QD3.COM". Retrieved 20 February 2016.
- Lundell och Aronsson Media AB. "Breakit - Han kliver in i Idol-juryn – avslöjar nu sin stora startup-satsning". Retrieved 20 February 2016.
- "Beef: The Series (TV Series 2006– )". IMDb. Retrieved 20 February 2016.
- "Beef: The Series". TV.com. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 20 February 2016.