Quartzy is an online lab management platform and scientific research supply marketplace. It is a startup company based in Hayward, Calif. Quartzy features include collaborative order requests and supply tracking for labs and research groups, inventory management tools, and product quotes for price comparisons. Quartzy is used by more than 200,000 scientists worldwide.
Scientific Products Vendor
|Services||Laboratory management services|
Number of employees
The Quartzy Shop (2018)Edit
In early 2018, Quartzy officially launched its online marketplace known as the Quartzy Shop (formerly the Quartzy Catalog). To date, the marketplace provides access to over three million products and boasts a community of over 1,000 suppliers from across the life science industry. Currently, only Quartzy users based in the United States can purchase through the Quartzy Shop.
Following the launch of the Quartzy Shop in 2018, the company expanded operations to a nearby Redwood City warehouse. Calling this warehouse the Quartzy Fulfillment Center (or QFC), Quartzy has communicated plans to leverage this expansion, along with a future East Coast site, as sourcing centers for purchases made through its digital marketplace.
In 2008, while still in beta, Quartzy received St. Louis' Washington University's Olin Cup, coming out on top of 44 other contestants which was the largest pool of competitors in the Olin Cup's twenty-two year history.
In 2011, Quartzy won Business Insider's Startup 2011 competition.
Quartzy has raised nearly $25 million in total financing, including a Y Combinator-backed seed round, and subsequent Series A and Series B rounds. Notable investors include Yelp founder Jeremy Stoppelman.
- Buhr, Sarah. "Stanford Partners With Life Sciences Marketplace Quartzy For Campus Lab Supplies". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2017-02-04.
- Perkel, Jeffrey M. (2015-08-06). "Lab-inventory management: Time to take stock". Nature. 524 (7563): 125–126. doi:10.1038/524125a.
- Quartzy.com. "Quartzy.com Adds 3 Major Suppliers to Support Scientific Research". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2017-02-04.
- BioSpace.com. "Quartzy Launches Extensive Online Product Catalog of Over 2 Million Lab Supplies From More than 600 Manufacturers". biospace.com. Retrieved 2018-05-09.
- Proffitt, Allison. "Quartzy Opens Second Distribution Warehouse, Expanding Options To Serve Software Customers". Bio-IT World. Retrieved 2018-08-10.
- GlobeNewswire. "Quartzy Signs On OriGene, Advansta and Jackson ImmunoResearch to Expand Access to Key Lab Supplies". globenewswire.com. Retrieved 2018-05-09.
- Quartzy.com. "Quartzy Fulfillment Center: Fast Shipping means Efficient Research". blog.quartzy.com. Retrieved 2018-05-09.
- Kolodny, Lora. "Medical Technology Dominates at the Olin Cup". The New York Times. Retrieved 2018-05-30.
- St. Louis Business Journal. "Quartzy wins Olin Cup, $50,000". St. Louis Business Journal. Retrieved 2018-05-30.
- Shontell, Alyson. "Congratulations To Quartzy, Our Startup 2011 Winner!". Business Insider. Retrieved 2018-05-30.
- Buhr, Sarah. "Life Sciences Marketplace Quartzy Raises $17 Million To Build Up The Supply Side". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2017-02-04.
- Kolodny, Lora. "Quartzy Scores $1.2M To Help Life Scientists Stay Organized". WSJ. Retrieved 2017-02-04.
- Kolodny, Lora. "Quartzy Collects $4M To Help Scientists Manage Lab Inventory". WSJ. Retrieved 2017-02-04.
- Crunchbase. "Crunchbase Profile: Quartzy". Crunchbase. Retrieved 2018-05-09.