Latin Quarter, Paris(Redirected from Quartier Latin)
Known for its student life, lively atmosphere, and bistros, the Latin Quarter is the home to a number of higher education establishments besides the university itself, such as the École Normale Supérieure, the École des Mines de Paris, Panthéon-Assas University, the Schola Cantorum, and the Jussieu university campus. Other establishments such as the École Polytechnique have relocated in recent times to more spacious settings.
The area gets its name from the Latin language, which was widely spoken in and around the University during the Middle Ages, after the twelfth century philosopher Pierre Abélard and his students took up residence there..
- André Arnold-Peltier, Vassili Karist, Le Quartier Latin et ses entours / and its surroundings, Éditions PIPPA, collection Itinérances (ISBN 978-2-916506-02-9)
- André Arnold-Peltier, Vassili Karist, Le jardin du Luxembourg / The Luxembourg gardens, Éditions PIPPA, collection Itinérances (ISBN 2916506004)
- Sophie Peltier-Le Dinh, Danielle Michel-Chich, André Arnold-Peltier, Le Lycée Henri-IV, entre potaches et moines copistes, Éditions PIPPA, collection Itinérances (ISBN 978-2-916506-16-6)
- (in French) quartierlatin.paris - online Review about cultural activities in Quartier Latin (bookshops, publishers, gallery, cinema, theaters, etc.)
- (in French) The Quartier Latin - In depth exploration of literary culture, wine bars and Oscar Wilde
- (in French) The Quartier Latin - current photographs and of the years 1900
- Paris CVB-Latin Quarter