Pyramid Saimira, an Indian multinational entertainment company, operating in 6 countries  was one of the World’s fastest growing entertainment group. Its diversified businesses included Exhibition (Theatre), Film and Television Content Production, Distribution, Hospitality, Food & Beverage, Animation and Gaming, Cine Advertising, etc., which has significantly altered the profile of Tamil Nadu cinema, the Tamil film music scene and entertainment industry in India at large. Its founder and CEO died on 28 Jun 2019 due to diabetics related illness.
Film soundtrack distribution
|India, China, Malaysia, Singapore, USA, UK|
|Mr.PS Saminathan, Mr N Narayanan|
|Products||Motion pictures (Tamil)|
- Mozhi (2007)
- Evano Oruvan (2007)
- Azhagiya Tamil Magan (2007)
- Kuselan (2008)
- Saroja (2009)
- Naan Kadavul (2009)
Debts, Problems and ClosureEdit
Following the failure of Kuselan (2008), the production studio began to experience significant financial problems which affected several of their ongoing projects. The releases of films including Krishna's Yen Ippadi Mayakkinai starring Richard and Gayathrie and Jeppi Azhagar's Vaanam Partha Seemayile starring Ashok and Priyanka Nair, were sudden cancelled despite having audio releases. Likewise, Shankar Dayal's Anandham Arrambam, which was meant to be the launch for actor Adharvaa Murali, was also shelved despite beginning production. Kamal Haasan's bilingual period film, Marmayogi, was also scrapped after Pyramid Saimira were unable to finance the venture.
Share investors were duped by company's false auditing practices and internal scams. The promoter assured investors in their AGM that everything was in order and also acknowledged to make a dividend payout as a good will measure. It's another blot in ethics and corporate governance of the promoters.
These are the people who are mainly responsible for Pyramid Saimira.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 13 September 2008. Retrieved 18 September 2008.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Kuselan Fiasco- A postmortem".
- "Three cheers for Pyramid - Lakshman Sruthi - 100% Manual Orchestra -". www.lakshmansruthi.com.
- "Kamal's action against Pyramid Saimira - Kamal Haasan - Raj Kamal International - Unnai Pol Oruvan - Marmayogi - Pyramid Saimira - Behindwoods.com". www.behindwoods.com.
- "Madras HC sets deadline for Pyramid Saimira creditors to provide proof of debt". The Hindu Business Line. 9 April 2012. Retrieved 4 November 2018.
- http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/pyramid-saimira-case-sebi-confirms-ban-against-india-capital/102147/on,p. 2.
- http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/sat-adjourns-hearingpyramid-saimira-case/85907/on,p. 3.
- India, Press Trust of (30 December 2012). "Compensation, job to wife of slain photojournalist" – via Business Standard.
- India, Press Trust of (16 February 2010). "SAT adjourns hearing on Pyramid Saimira case" – via Business Standard.
- "Main People".