|Directed by||Jason Moriarty|
|Produced by||Jason Moriarty, Stephen Belafonte, Michael Butler and Theo Rozsa (producers)|
Pierce Flynn and Marcus Morton (executive producers) and Jonathan Leeder (associate producer)
A Bombora Pictures production
|Written by||Jeff Scheftel|
Prison Ball is about prison basketball as practiced by prisoners within prison walls. The documentary interviews various inmates and prison officials and specialists on the matter and tackles as well "prison basketball leagues" operating within prison systems. It focuses on four Louisiana state prison teams, it was shot mainly in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States.
Awards and nominationsEdit
In 2004, it was nominated for the Hollywood Film Festival awards for the category "Hollywood Documentary Award".
- Metcalf, J.; Turner, W. (2016). Rapper, Writer, Pop-Cultural Player: Ice-T and the Politics of Black Cultural Production. Taylor & Francis. p. 309. ISBN 978-1-317-07149-5. Retrieved February 18, 2018.
- McCluskey, A.T. (2007). Frame by Frame III: A Filmography of the African Diasporan Image, 1994–2004. Frame by Frame. Indiana University Press. p. 582. ISBN 978-0-253-34829-6. Retrieved February 18, 2018.
- Harvey, Dennis (September 28, 2004). "Review: 'Prison Ball'". Variety. Archived from the original on March 4, 2016. Retrieved February 18, 2018.
- Vimeo.com: Prison Ball long trailer
- "Hollywood Awards". hollywoodawards.com. 2006. Archived from the original on May 8, 2006. Retrieved February 18, 2018.