Prashant Bose, commonly known by his nom de guerre Kishan or Kishan da is a senior Politburo member of the Communist Party of India (Maoist). He has previously used Nirbhay Mukherjee, Kajal, Kishan-da and Mahesh as aliases. Kishan, the former MCCI chief is now No. 2 in the CPI (Maoist). He is in charge of Bihar and Jharkhand and heading the Party’s Eastern Regional Bureau. And this Bengali Maoist leader, 74 in age is also a known intellectual of the party.
|Other names||Kishan, Kajal and Mahesh|
|Organization||Communist party of India|
|Criminal charge(s)||left wing Insurgency, Muder, Criminal Conspiracy|
In September 2004, Maoist Communist Centre of India and Communist Party of India (Marxist–Leninist) People's War had joined to form CPI (Maoist). The agreement had been signed between Kishan, General Secretary, Central Committee of Maoist Communist Centre of India and Ganapathy, General Secretary Central Committee, CPI (M-L People's War).
- "Why Rao prefers to be known as Kishenji". The Times of India. 18 April 2010. Retrieved 23 August 2019.
- "CD revealing deadly Naxalite tactics seized". Hindustantimes.com. 22 October 2009. Retrieved 1 November 2010.
- "SPRING THUNDER". Tahelka.com. 19 March 2005. Archived from the original on 8 September 2012. Retrieved 1 November 2010.
- "Ghandy confirms Nepal link, made 4 trips, met top Maoist leaders". Expressindia.com. 31 January 2010. Archived from the original on 3 February 2010. Retrieved 1 November 2010.
- "Red Rot". Satp.org SOUTH ASIA INTELLIGENCE REVIEW Volume.9, No.5. 8 September 2010. Retrieved 1 November 2010.
- "Maoists to Start Helpline From September 21". News.outlookindia.com. 20 September 2010. Archived from the original on 31 January 2013. Retrieved 1 November 2010.
- "Top leader's arrest a big blow to Maoist movement". The Hindu. 19 December 2007. Archived from the original on 20 December 2007. Retrieved 1 November 2010.