Prachinburi Province (Thai: ปราจีนบุรี, RTGS: Prachin Buri, pronounced [prāː.t͡ɕīːn bū.rīː]) is one of Thailand's seventy-seven provinces (changwat), it lies in eastern Thailand. Neighboring provinces are (from north clockwise) Nakhon Ratchasima, Sa Kaeo, Chachoengsao, and Nakhon Nayok.
Aphai Phubet Thai Traditional Medical College
Map highlighting Prachinburi Province
|• Governor||Piboon Hatthakitkosol|
|• Total||4,762 km2 (1,839 sq mi)|
|Area rank||Ranked 44th|
|• Rank||Ranked 55th|
|• Density||103/km2 (270/sq mi)|
|• Density rank||Ranked 48th|
|Human Achievement Index|
|• HAI (2017)||0.6098 "somewhat high"|
|Time zone||UTC+7 (ICT)|
|ISO 3166 code||TH-25|
The province is divided into two major parts, the low river valley of the Bang Pakong River, and the higher lands with plateaus and mountains of the Sankamphaeng Range, the southern prolongation of the Dong Phaya Yen mountains. In those areas are also two national parks, Khao Yai and Tab Larn National Park.
The provincial seal shows the Bodhi tree. It symbolizes the first Bodhi tree planted about 2,000 years ago at Wat Si Maha Phot. The provincial colors are red and yellow. Red symbolises the land and yellow, Buddhism.
The provincial tree is the Bodhi tree (Ficus religiosa). The provincial flower is the cork tree (Millingtonia hortensis).
The missing numbers 4 and 5 as well as 10 to 12 are districts split off to form Sa Kaeo Province.
As of 26 November 2019 there are: one Prachinburi Provincial Administration Organisation (ongkan borihan suan changwat) and 13 municipal (thesaban) areas in the province. Prachinburi has town (thesaban mueang) status. Further 12 subdistrict municipalities (thesaban tambon). The non-municipal areas are administered by 56 Subdistrict Administrative Organisations - SAO (ongkan borihan suan tambon).
The main road through Prachinburi is Route 319. While Route 319 does not lead directly to other major centers, along with Route 33 it leads to Nakhon Nayok, and along with Routes 314 and 304 it leads to Bangkok.
Tambon Hua Wa in Si Maha Phot District is the site of Rojana Industrial Park. Among other tenants of the park, Honda Automobile (Thailand) has established a 17.2 billion baht plant there to manufacture sub-compact vehicles. The plant, opened in March 2016, has an initial production capacity of 60,000 vehicles per year. The plant is designed to build up to 120,000 vehicles per year. Honda produces hybrid electric vehicles and batteries for electric vehicles, at its factories in Prachinburi and Ayutthaya. Honda's Prachinburi factory has an annual capacity of 120,000 units.
The main hospital of Prachinburi Province is Chaophraya Abhaibhubejhr Hospital.
Human achievement index 2017Edit
|Province Prachinburi, with an HAI 2017 value of 0.6098 is "somewhat high", occupies place 23 in the ranking.|
Since 2003, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in Thailand has tracked progress on human development at sub-national level using the Human achievement index (HAI), a composite index covering all the eight key areas of human development. National Economic and Social Development Board (NESDB) has taken over this task since 2017.
|1 - 15||"high"|
|16 - 30||"somewhat high"|
|31 - 45||"average"|
|45 - 60||"somewhat low"|
|61 - 77||"low"|
|Map with provinces and HAI 2017 rankings|
Reports (data) from Thai government are "not copyrightable" (Public Domain), Copyright Act 2537 (1994), section 7.
- Advancing Human Development through the ASEAN Community, Thailand Human Development Report 2014, table 0:Basic Data (PDF) (Report). United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Thailand. pp. 134–135. ISBN 978-974-680-368-7. Retrieved 17 January 2016, Data has been supplied by Land Development Department, Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives, at Wayback Machine.[dead link]
- "ร่ยงานสถิติจำนวนประชากรและบ้านประจำปี พ.ศ.2561" [Statistics, population and house statistics for the year 2018]. Registration Office Department of the Interior, Ministry of the Interior. stat.bora.dopa.go.th (in Thai). 31 December 2018. Archived from the original on 2 April 2019. Retrieved 20 June 2019.
- Human achievement index 2017 by National Economic and Social Development Board (NESDB), pages 1-40, maps 1-9, retrieved 14 September 2019, ISBN 978-974-9769-33-1
- "Number of local government organizations by province". dla.go.th. Department of Local Administration (DLA). 26 November 2019. Retrieved 10 December 2019.
30 Prachinburi: 1 PAO, 1 Town mun., 12 Subdistrict mun., 56 SAO.
- "Our Location". Rojana Industrial Park Public Co, Ltd. Retrieved 12 March 2016.
- Maikaew, Piyachart (2016-03-12). "Prachin Buri plant to kick off". Bangkok Post. Retrieved 12 March 2016.
- Theparat, Chatrudee; Maikaew, Piyachart (26 July 2018). "BoI gives blessing to B30bn in plans". Bangkok Post. Retrieved 26 July 2018.
- Prachinburi travel guide from Wikivoyage
- Provincial Website
- Prachinburi from the Tourism Authority of Thailand
- Khao Yai National Park
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Prachinburi Province.|