Post Holdings (officially Post Holdings, Inc.) is an American consumer packaged goods holding company headquartered in the suburban St. Louis community of Brentwood, Missouri. It operates in the center-of-the-store, foodservice, food ingredient, refrigerated, active nutrition and private label categories. Its Post Consumer Brands business manufactures, markets and sells both branded and private label cereal products. Its Michael Foods Group business supplies value-added egg products and refrigerated potato products to the foodservice and food ingredient channels. Through its Post Refrigerated Retail business, Post offers potato, egg, sausage and cheese refrigerated side dishes products. Its active nutrition business markets and distributes protein beverages, bars and gels. Post participates in the private brand food category through its investment with Thomas H. Lee Partners in 8th Avenue Food & Provisions, a leading, private brand centric, consumer products holding company.
Post Holdings, Inc. logo
|Traded as||NYSE: POST|
S&P 400 Component
|William Stiritz, Rob Vitale|
|Products||Breakfast cereals, granola, egg substitutes, refrigerated potatoes, cheese, protein bars, protein shakes, protein powders, dry pasta, peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter, dried fruits, baking nuts, snacking nuts|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||Post Consumer Brands|
Bob Evans Farms
8th Avenue Food & Provisions
Acquisitions and AnnouncementsEdit
On May 28, 2013, Post Holdings purchased the branded and private label cereal, granola and snacks business of Hearthside Food Solutions, which included the Golden Temple, Peace Cereal, Sweet Home Farm and Willamette Valley Granola Company brands. Post combined this business with Attune Foods.
On September 1, 2013, Post Holdings acquired Premier Nutrition Company, a marketer of premium protein shakes and bars under the Premier Protein brand and nutritional supplements under the Joint Juice brand.
On February 1, 2014, Post Holdings acquired Golden Boy Foods and Dymatize Enterprises. Golden Boy Foods is a manufacturer of private label peanut and other nut butters, as well as dried fruits and snacking nuts. Dymatize Enterprises is a manufacturer and marketer of premium protein powders, bars and nutritional supplements.
On June 2, 2014, Post Holdings acquired Michael Foods, a producer of value-added food products and service solutions to customers across the foodservice, retail and food ingredient channels including egg products, refrigerated potato products and cheese and other dairy case products through the Papetti's, AllWhites, Better‘n Eggs, Easy Eggs, Abbotsford Farms, Simply Potatoes and Crystal Farms brands.
On November 1, 2014, Post Holdings acquired American Blanching Company, a manufacturer of private label peanut butter.
On October 5, 2015, Post Holdings acquired Willamette Egg Farms, a producer, processor and wholesale distributor of eggs and egg products.
On July 3, 2017, Post Holdings acquired Weetabix Limited, UK based manufacturer of the Weetabix, Alpen and Ready Brek brands of breakfast cereals, from Bright Food and Baring Private Equity Asia for $1.4 billion.
On January 12, 2018, Post Holdings acquired Bob Evans Farms, a leading producer and distributor of refrigerated potato, pasta and vegetable-based side dishes, pork sausage, and a variety of refrigerated and frozen convenience food items under the Bob Evans Farms, Owens, Country Creek and Pineland Farms brands.
On August 2, 2018, Post Holdings announced it formed 8th Avenue Food & Provisions, consisting of Post's private brands business, and entered into an agreement with Thomas H. Lee Partners, L.P., a private equity company, in which Post and THL together will separately capitalize 8th Avenue. 
Michael Foods brandsEdit
- Abbotsford Farms – Foodservice
- BEF Foods
- Davidson's Safest Choice – Foodservice
- Michael Foods
- Pineland Farm Potato Company – Foodservice
- Simply Potatoes – Foodservice
Post Refrigerated Retail brandsEdit
- Abbotsford Farms
- Better'n Eggs
- Bob Evans Farms
- Country Creek Farms
- Crystal Farms
- Davidson's Safest Choice
- Pineland Farms Potato Company
- READY EGG go!
- Simply Potatoes
- Williamette Egg Farms
Active Nutrition brandsEdit
- Dymatize gainer powder
- Dymatize protein powder
- Dymatize recovery/amino acids
- Joint Juice supplement drink
- Premier Protein bar
- Premier Protein FIBER bar
- Premier Protein shake
- Supreme Protein high protein bar
8th Avenue Food & Provisions (private brands)Edit
- Dakota Growers Pasta Company
- Golden Boy Foods
- Attune Foods brands
- American Blanching Company
- "Ralcorp announces new board to lead Post Holdings". Battle Creek Enquirer. January 13, 2012. Retrieved 2014-02-05.
- "Post Holdings Announces Management Changes; Bill Stiritz to Become Executive Chairman; Rob Vitale to Become President and CEO". Post Holdings, Inc. October 9, 2014. Retrieved 2015-07-07.
- "Post Holdings". Fortune. Retrieved 2019-01-08.
- "Post Foods buys natural and organic cereal maker Attune Foods". St. Louis Business Journal. January 11, 2013. Retrieved February 10, 2014.
- "Post Holdings Acquires Organic and Natural Cereal, Granola and Snacks Business of Hearthside Food Solutions". Post Holdings, Inc. May 28, 2013. Retrieved February 10, 2014.
- "Post Holdings Acquires Premier Nutrition Corporation". Post Holdings, Inc. September 3, 2013. Retrieved February 11, 2014.
- "Post Holdings Completes Acquisition of Dakota Growers Pasta Company". Post Holdings, Inc. January 2, 2014. Archived from the original on March 6, 2016. Retrieved February 11, 2014.
- "Post Holdings Completes Acquisitions of Golden Boy Foods and Dymatize Enterprises". Post Holdings, Inc. February 3, 2014. Retrieved February 11, 2014.
- "POST HOLDINGS COMPLETES ACQUISITION OF POWERBAR AND MUSASHI BRANDS". Post Holdings, Inc. October 1, 2014. Retrieved October 1, 2014.
- "Post Holdings Completes Acquisition of Michael Foods". Post Holdings, Inc. June 2, 2014. Retrieved June 3, 2014.
- "Post Holdings Completes Acquisition of American Blanching Company". Post Holdings, Inc. November 3, 2014. Retrieved July 7, 2015.
- "Post Holdings Completes Acquisition of MOM Brands – Post Holdings". Post Holdings. 2015-05-04. Retrieved 2018-01-18.
- "Post Holdings Completes Acquisition of Willamette Egg Farms – Post Holdings". Post Holdings. 2015-10-05. Retrieved 2018-01-18.
- "POST HOLDINGS COMPLETES ACQUISITION OF WEETABIX". Post Holdings, Inc. July 3, 2017. Retrieved July 3, 2017.
- "Post Holdings to Explore Strategic Alternatives for Private Brands Businesses; Acquisition of Bob Evans Farms Expected to Close on January 12; Announces New Leadership Appointments – Post Holdings". Post Holdings. Post Holdings, Inc. 2018-01-11. Retrieved 2018-01-17.
- "POST HOLDINGS ANNOUNCES FORMATION OF 8TH AVENUE FOOD & PROVISIONS". Post Holdings, Inc. August 2, 2018. Retrieved August 2, 2018.