This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2021)
The rank of Lieutenant in Eastern Europe (Croatian: poručnik, Czech: poručík, Polish: porucznik, Russian: poruchik, Serbian: poručnik, Slovak: poručík) is rank used in Slavophone armed forces. Depending on the country, it is either the lowest or second lowest officer rank.
The rank designation Poruchik might be derived from Russian: поpученец (a person tasked by a special mission); Russian: поручение (to receive an order) or Russian: пору́чить (tasked to look after). Normally the Poruchik received military orders in written form and was responsible to meet the particular goals and objectives anticipated.
Russian imperial armed forcesEdit
The Imperial Russian Army introduced this rank first in middle of the 17th century, by the Strelets so-called New Order Regiments[clarification needed], reflected in the Table of Ranks. A Poruchik was normally assigned to assistant commanding officer of a company, later platoon. In 1798 this particular rank designation was replaced by Lieutenant beginning with the Russian Guards, followed by other military units, and legalised by the Table of Ranks.
Lieutenant (Eastern Europe)'s insigniaEdit
- "OBILJEŽJA I ČINOVI OS BIH". os.mod.gov.ba (in Bosnian). Oružane snage Bosne i Hercegovine. Retrieved 30 September 2019.
- "Oznake činova". osrh.hr (in Croatian). Republic of Croatia Armed Forces. 1 April 2019. Retrieved 26 May 2021.
- "Ranks". army.cz. Ministry of Defence of the Czech Republic. 2018. Retrieved 26 May 2021.
- "УРЕДБА ЗА ОЗНАКИТЕ ЗА УНИФОРМИТЕ НА АРМИЈАТА НА РЕПУБЛИКА СЕВЕРНА МАКЕДОНИЈА" [Regulation on the Markings for the Uniforms of the Army of the Republic Northern of Macedonia]. dejure.mk (in Macedonian). 12 November 2020. Retrieved 24 May 2021.
- "IV. Izgled Činova u Vojsci". Official Gazette of Montenegro (in Montenegrin). 50/10: 22–28. 16 August 2010. Retrieved 17 September 2021.
- "Sposób noszenia odznak stopni wojskowych na umundurowaniu wojsk Lądowych i sił Powietrznych" (PDF). wojsko-polskie.pl (in Polish). Armed Forces Support Inspectorate. Retrieved 7 June 2021.
- "ЧИНОВИ У ВОЈСЦИ СРБИЈЕ". vs.rs (in Serbian). Serbian Armed Forces. Retrieved 7 June 2021.
- "Označenie vojenských hodností príslušníkov Ozbrojených síl Slovenskej republiky od 1.1.2016" [Designation of military ranks of members of the Armed Forces of the Slovak Republic from 1.1.2016]. vhu.sk (in Slovak). Military History Institute. Retrieved 12 April 2021.
- "Čini in razredi". slovenskavojska.si (in Slovenian). Slovenian Armed Forces. Retrieved 26 May 2021.