Port Solent is an area of Portsmouth, Hampshire, comprising a marina and luxury housing estate. The development is located on the western side of Horsea Island, in the north of Portsmouth Harbour, and was built in the 1980s on reclaimed land part of which was formerly used as a landfill site with the remainder being marshland. There are many methane gas outlets situated to the south and at the southern edge of the site, allowing the gas occurring from the decomposing waste beneath the site to escape. The marina is owned and managed by Premier Marinas.
- "Port Solent marina celebrates 30th birthday with free '80s-themed family party". www.portsmouth.co.uk.
- Varley, Words and pictures by Carole. "The best things to see and do in Port Solent". Hampshire.
- "About Port Solent Marina | South Coast Marinas | Premier Marinas". www.premiermarinas.com.
- "Complete Guide To: The Solent". The Independent. 16 May 2009.
- "Transforming Solent Growth Strategy" (PDF). Solent Local Enterprise Partnership. January 2015.
|This Hampshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|