Polypedates colletti (Collett's tree frog, Collett's treefrog, Collett's whipping frog or black-spotted tree frog) is a species of frog in the family Rhacophoridae. It is found in the Malay Peninsula (Thailand and Malaysia), southern Vietnam, Borneo, Sumatra, and islands of the South China Sea (including Natuna Islands).
|Female and male (top) in amplexus|
Rhacophorus colletti Boulenger, 1890
Males can reach 52 mm (2.0 in) and females 80 mm (3.1 in) in snout–vent length. The snout is conspicuously acute. The tympanum is distinct. The dorsum is usually brownish or grayish, and most individuals have an hour-glass pattern in their back. The belly is whitish-cream. The throat may have dark vermiculations. The limbs have darkish cross-bars.
Habitat and conservationEdit
Polypedates colletti inhabits lowland marshy evergreen rainforest areas, including mildly disturbed, selectively logged forest, at elevations up to 600 m (2,000 ft) above sea level. During the breeding, it forms aggregations around temporary rain pools; adults perch at 1–2 m (3–7 ft) height in the vegetation. It is potentially threatened by habitat loss. It is found in a number of protected areas.
- van Dijk, P.P.; Iskandar, D. & Inger, R. (2004). "Polypedates colletti". IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. 2004: e.T58942A11859940. doi:10.2305/IUCN.UK.2004.RLTS.T58942A11859940.en.
- Frost, Darrel R. (2017). "Polypedates colletti (Boulenger, 1890)". Amphibian Species of the World: an Online Reference. Version 6.0. American Museum of Natural History. Retrieved 28 October 2017.
- Beolens, Bo; Watkins, Michael & Grayson, Michael (2013). The Eponym Dictionary of Amphibians. Pelagic Publishing. p. 44. ISBN 978-1-907807-42-8.
- Haas, A.; Das, I. & Hertwig, S.T. (2017). "Polypedates colletti (Collett's Tree Frog)". Frogs of Borneo. Retrieved 28 October 2017.
- "Polypedates colletti". Amphibians and Reptiles of Peninsular Malaysia. Retrieved 28 October 2017.
- Inger, R.F. (1966). "The systematics and zoogeography of the amphibia of Borneo". Fieldiana Zoology. 52: 1–402. doi:10.5962/bhl.title.3147. (Polypedates colletti: pp. 290–293)