Podmežakla Hall (Dvorana Podmežakla) is an indoor sporting arena located in Jesenice, Slovenia. It is the home of the HDD Jesenice ice hockey team and its affiliate HD Hidria Jesenice. It is also the site of the Triglav Trophy, an annual international figure skating competition held each spring. The name Podmežakla (literally 'below Mežakla') is derived from its location on the southwest bank of the Sava River, directly below the Mežakla Plateau.
|Field size||61 x 30 m|
The hall was opened in 1978 and was expanded between 2009 and 2011. In March 2011, the hall was closed after inspectors determined that the hockey club was allowed to host spectators on the newly built eastern stand without an official state permit for it. The state inspectors also determined that Jesenice municipality neglected to obtain permit for the new parts built during the last major renovation in 1997.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Podmežakla Hall.|
- Športna dvorana Podmežakla – II. faza
- "Dvorana Podmežakla Jesenice". EuroHockey.com. Retrieved 2011-03-29.
- "Športni park Podmežakla". Slovenia.info (in Slovenian). Slovenian Tourist Board. Retrieved 2011-03-29.
- Knez, Primož (2011-03-15). "Dvorana Podmežakla zaprta zaradi nespametnega odpiranja vzhodne tribune". Dnevnik (in Slovenian). Retrieved 2011-03-29.
- "V Zgornjesavski dolini obljubljajo: Eurobasket se bo zapisal v jeseniško zgodovino". Dnevnik (in Slovenian). 14 June 2013. Retrieved 15 June 2013. }