|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||North West England|
The Roman Catholic Church of St Mary and St John Baptist  in the village is known as Pleasington Priory and was built between 1816 - 1819 in a Gothic style. It is one of only two Grade I Listed buildings in the borough of Blackburn with Darwen.
Also near the village is Pleasington Playing Fields, a large outdoor sports facility with 12 football pitches opened in 1963 by the Duke of Edinburgh as King George's Fields. Witton Country Park is connected to the playing fields by a bridge over the River Darwen. Overlooking the area is Pleasington Cemetery, the main cemetery and crematorium for the Blackburn area.
- Neighbourhood Statistics Home Page
- UK Census (2011). "Local Area Report – Pleasington Parish (1170211127)". Nomis. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 8 February 2018.
- Tourist Guide To Pleasington (from Blackburn Citizen)
- Lancashire Churches - Pleasington
- Pleasington Priory
- GENUKI: Pleasington, Lancashire genealogy
- Listed Buildings
- English Nature - Local Nature Reserves - Details - Text
- Playing fields : Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council
- Blackburn Encyclopaedia K