Planet Moon Studios
Planet Moon Studios was a game development studio based in San Francisco, California founded by ex-Shiny Entertainment developers Nick Bruty (President) and Bob Stevenson (CEO) in 1997. The founding members were then known as the team behind the hit game MDK.
|Founder||Nick Bruty, CCO|
Bob Stevenson, CEO emeritus
|Headquarters||San Francisco, CA, USA|
|Aaron Loeb, CEO|
Scott Guest, CTO
Ken Capelli, Art director
Ellie White, Dir. operations
Tim Williams, Creative Director/Head writer emeritus
Andy Astor, Lead programmer emeritus
|Products||Giants: Citizen Kabuto|
Armed and Dangerous
Shortly after its founding, the developer signed a multi-game deal with publisher Interplay Entertainment, despite the fact that it had yet to announce its first game or even decide on a name for the company.
Planet Moon developed the games Giants: Citizen Kabuto (Interplay, 2000) and Armed and Dangerous (LucasArts, 2003)  The games are critically well received and are often lauded for their humor in various reviews.
In January 2011, Bigpoint Games acquired the Planet Moon Studios staff in San Francisco, California, but did not acquire the company, its intellectual properties, or its other assets. Shortly thereafter, Planet Moon Studios closed its doors.
- 2000: Giants: Citizen Kabuto (Windows/PS2)
- 2003: Armed and Dangerous (Windows/Xbox)
- 2005: Infected (PSP)
- 2007: After Burner: Black Falcon (PSP)
- 2007: Smarty Pants (Wii)
- 2008: Battle of the Bands (Wii)
- 2008: Booty Blocks (iPhone/iPod Touch)
- 2008: Brain Quest Grades 3 & 4 (DS)
- 2008: Brain Quest Grades 5 & 6 (DS)
- 2009: Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter (Wii)
- 2010: Tangled: The Video Game (DS/Wii)
- "News Bits". GamePro. No. 108. IDG. September 1997. p. 22.
- Jebens, Harley (April 23, 1998). "MDK Team Finds Home, Game". GameSpot. CBS Interactive. Archived from the original on March 4, 2000. Retrieved August 18, 2019.
- Osborne, Scott (December 2000). "Review: Giants: Citizen Kabuto". GameSpot. Retrieved 2006-07-07.
- Gerstmann, Jeff (December 2003). "Review: Armed and Dangerous". GameSpot. Retrieved 2006-07-07.
- "Giants: Citizen Kabuto for PC". GameRankings. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 17 February 2019.
- "Armed and Dangerous for Xbox". GameRankings. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 17 February 2019.
- "Bigpoint Doubles San Francisco Team With Talent Acquisition From Planet Moon Studios". PRNewswire. January 2011. Retrieved 2011-01-21.
- "Planet Moon Studios closed". January 2011. Retrieved 2011-01-21.
- Rosenberg, Jared (May 26, 2009). "The Drawn to Life Adventure Continues on Wii & DS". NintendoWorldReport.com. Retrieved 2009-06-14.