Pirate Party of Norway
Piratpartiet (Norwegian for The Pirate Party of Norway) is a Norwegian political party which was founded in 2012. Its basic principles are "full transparency in state management, privacy on the internet, as well as better use of IT and technology to make a better democracy". On 17 December 2012 they announced that they had collected the 5,000 signatures required by law to register a political party and take part in the next general election. The party is a part of the Pirate Parties International.
|Founded||16 December 2012|
|International affiliation||Pirate Parties International|
Founding of the partyEdit
In June 2012 the party issued invitations to a kickoff meeting to be held in Trondheim on the 16th, with the intention of agreeing on a strategy to obtain the 5,000 signatures required by law to register a political party. By 16 December they had received sufficient signatures and were legally recognised.
|Election year||# of
overall seats won
0 / 169
0 / 169
- Ottervig, Vegard (17 December 2012). "Piratpartiet rakk fristen: Har samlet inn 5000 underskrifter". hardware.no (in Norwegian). Retrieved 21 August 2013.
- "Nå kommer piratene". BT.NO (in Norwegian). Retrieved 1 March 2015.
- Holte, Magnus Aamo (24 January 2013) [4 September 2012]. "Nå kommer piratene". Bergens Tidende (in Norwegian). Retrieved 21 August 2013.
- NTB (13 June 2012). "Norsk piratparti vil inn på Stortinget". Aftenposten (in Norwegian). Retrieved 21 August 2013.
- NTB (17 December 2012). "Piratpartiet blir godkjent". Bergens Tidende (in Norwegian). Retrieved 21 August 2013.