J. W. Eides Stiftelse (0.001%)
|Founded||2 January 1868|
|Political alignment||None officially (traditionally Liberal)|
|Language||Norwegian (Bokmål and Nynorsk)|
History and profileEdit
Founded in 1868, Bergens Tidende is based in Bergen. The newspaper is published in two sections. Section one contains op-eds, general news, sports, and weather. Section two contains culture, views, local news, and television listings. The feature magazine BTMagasinet is published on Saturdays.
Bergens Tidende is owned by the public company Schibsted, which also owns Aftenposten, Stavanger Aftenblad, and Fædrelandsvennen. At least 30% of the shares of Schibsted are owned by foreign investment banks and insurance companies, such as Goldman Sachs. The paper began to be published in tabloid format in 2006.
In 2005 Bergens Tidende reached about 260,000 readers every day, mainly in the counties of Hordaland and Sogn og Fjordane. Circulation numbers peaked at 100,000 copies in 1988. Its circulation was about 87,000 copies in 2007. In 2008 the paper had a circulation of 85,825 copies, and later dropped to 70,220 copies by 2015.
List of editors-in-chiefEdit
- Edvard Larssen, Jan - Apr 1868
- Johan Hekleberg, 1868–1869
- David Chrystie Habe, 1869–1871
- Olav Lofthus, 1872–1894
- Finn Bøgh Henriksen, 1894–1902
- K. F. Dahl, 1902–1903
- Finn Bøgh Henriksen, 1903–1942
- Vidkunn Nitter Schreiner, 1942–1945
- Håkon Torsvik, 1945–1956
- Ingemund Fænn, 1956–1977
- Kjartan Rødland, 1977–1986
- Einar Eriksen, 1986–1991
- Magne Gaasemyr, 1991–1994
- Hans Erik Matre, 1994–1997
- Einar Hålien, 1997–2008
- Trine Eilertsen, 2008-2012
- Gard Steiro, 2012-2015
- Øyulf Hjertenes, 2015-incumbent
- Stig A. Nohrstedt; et al. (2000). "From the Persian Gulf to Kosovo — War Journalism and Propaganda" (PDF). European Journal of Communication. 15 (3). Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- "Shareholders - Schibsted". www.schibsted.com. Archived from the original on 7 November 2017. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 5 April 2016. Retrieved 2016-03-30.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Schibsted ASA - Oslo - Se Regnskap, Roller og mer". www.proff.no.
- Olav Anders Øvrebø (2008). "Journalism After the Monopoly on Publishing has been Broken" (Book chapter). Bergen Open Research Archive. Retrieved 29 December 2014.
- Award 2011 Archived 10 August 2014 at the Wayback Machine European Newspapers Congress. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- Craig Carroll (1 September 2010). Corporate Reputation and the News Media: Agenda-setting Within Business News Coverage in Developed, Emerging, and Frontier Markets. Routledge. p. 155. ISBN 978-1-135-25244-1. Retrieved 8 December 2014.
- Circulation and reading of Norwegian newspapers Archived 17 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine, published 14 February 2008
- "Medienorge - fakta om norske massemedier - hovedsiden". medienorge.