Piramide (Rome Metro)
Piramide is a station on Line B of the Rome Metro. It was opened on 10 February 1955 and is sited on Piazzale Ostiense (across which is the Pyramid of Cestius that gives the station its name) just outside Porta San Paolo, in the Ostiense quarter. Its atrium houses mosaics that have won the Artemetro Roma by Enrico Castellani (Italy) and Beverly Pepper (United States). The station has escalators.
|Connections||Porta San Paolo railway station|
Ostiense railway station
Alongside the Metro station is the Porta San Paolo station on the Ferrovia Roma-Lido. The Stazione Ostiense is connected to the metro station via an underpass - from here run the FR1, FR3 and FR5 mainline services.
- Stazione di Roma Ostiense
- via Marmorata post office
Direction of trafficEdit
- Via Marmorata (towards Ponte Sublicio and Trastevere)
- Viale Aventino (towards il Circo Massimo)
- Via Marco Polo (towards via Cristoforo Colombo-EUR and via Cilicia-Appio Latino)
- Via Ostiense (towards the Basilica di San Paolo fuori le mura)