Philippe Pozzo di Borgo
Philippe is the second son of the French duke Pozzo di Borgo and the Marquis de Vogue. The noble family dates back to the 1500s. After completing his education, he began working in the champagne industry. Prior to his job as director of Pommery, Philippe was a manager at Moët and Chandon.
In popular cultureEdit
Philippe's life story inspired the biographical movies The Intouchables, Oopiri, Inseparables, and The Upside. These movies were based on his memoir, A Second Wind, which included his relationship with his Algerian attendant, Abdel Sellou.
- Rowney, Jo-Anne (2019-01-08). "The Upside true story; a quadriplegic, ex-con and their life changing friendship". mirror. Retrieved 2019-06-05.
- Chiodaroli, David (2019-03-28). "The Upside: The Movie vs. The True Story". ScreenRant. Retrieved 2019-06-05.
- Whalen, Andrew (2019-01-10). "Here's the true story behind 'The Upside,' based on a French memoir". Newsweek. Retrieved 2019-06-05.
- The true story that inspired a box office hit The Telegraph
- Meunier, Emilie (September 6, 2017). "Remake américain d'Intouchables : Eric Toledano et Olivier Nakache ont vu les premières images... et ils ont été étonnés ! (VIDÉO)". Télé-Loisirs.fr (in French). Yahoo. Retrieved January 4, 2019.
- Kevin Hart and Bryan Cranston star in The Upside