Légifrance (French pronunciation: [leʒifʁɑ̃s]) is the official website of the French government for the publication of legislation, regulations, and legal information. It was established by decree in 2002. Access to the site is free.
Type of site
|Public service and legal information portal|
Virtually complete, it presents or refers to all concerned institutions or administrations, all texts still in force since 1539  and all the upper courts jurisprudence since 1986 as well as the most pertinent one of all courts since 1875.
See also Edit
All texts in French unless otherwise noted.
République française; Secrétariat général du gouvernement (19 October 2022). "Légifrance Le service public de la diffusion du droit" [The public service for dissemination of the law]. Légifrance. Direction de l'information légale et administrative. ISSN 2270-8987. OCLC 867599055.
- Legifrance, Decree of 9 October 2002 regarding the Légifrance website.
- Légifrance Ordinance of Villers-Cotterêts of 10 August 1539.
- Légifrance C.E. 19 February 1875, Prince Napoléon, 46707.
- Décret n° 2002-1064 du 7 août 2002 relatif au service public de la diffusion du droit par l'internet
- laws and regulations, including updated versions of some important texts;
- the Codes;
- laws, regulations and personal measures as published in the Journal Officiel de la République Française