Philadelphia (also called "Philadelphia magazine" or referred to by the nickname "Phillymag") is a regional monthly magazine published in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania by the Lipson family of Philadelphia and its company, Metrocorp.
|Based in||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States|
Coverage includes Philadelphia and the surrounding counties of Montgomery, Chester, Delaware and Bucks County, Pennsylvania, as well as Camden and Burlington counties in New Jersey. During summer, coverage expands to include vacation communities along the Jersey Shore.
Like other city and regional magazines, sections cover dining, entertainment, and special events. Feature articles cover the range of these topics, along with local and regional politics. Special (generally annual) features include "The Best of Philly" Awards, with summary top ratings of a panoply of products, services, stores, shops and community features; and "Top Doctors", listing top-rated physicians by specialty; and "50 Best Restaurants." It is a member of the City and Regional Magazine Association (CRMA).
In March 2010 the magazine launched the daily news and opinion site The Philly Post. In December 2010 it acquired the Philadelphia food blog Foobooz, and in 2012 acquired Tim McManus's and Sheil Kapadia's Birds 24/7. The name Philly Post was retired in a September 2013 website redesign, and the site simply published daily news and opinion as Philadelphia magazine.
This section does not cite any sources. (September 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Key staff (as of April 2014) includes:
- D. Herbert Lipson, Executive Chairman
- David H. Lipson, Jr., Chairman and CEO
- Frederick B. Waechter, Jr., President and Chief Operating Officer
- Ashley Patterson, Publisher
- Tom McGrath, Executive Vice President, Content and Strategy
- Kathy Kramitz, Chief Financial Officer
Alumni staff includes:
- "Metrocorp and Philadelphia Magazine Announce Change in Organizational Leadership". PR Newswire. 22 April 2003. Retrieved 20 March 2016.
- "CRMA Magazines". City and Regional Magazine Association. Archived from the original on May 31, 2010. Retrieved October 14, 2013. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Philadelphia magazine issue archive Archived 2008-04-05 at the Wayback Machine, May 2005
- Barnett, Susan (May 11, 2007). "Local Woman Graces Philly Magazine Totally Nude". KYW-TV (CBS). Archived from the original on June 15, 2007. Retrieved 2013-03-24.
- Fagone, Jason. "Urban Outfitters Bares All". Philadelphia. Metro Corp. Retrieved 19 September 2017.
- "The Trouble With Harry Jay Katz". Philadelphia. Metro Corp. Retrieved 19 September 2017.