This article includes a list of references, related reading, or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (October 2015)
Phatthalung railway station is a railway station located in Khuha Sawan Subdistrict, Phatthalung City, Phatthalung. it is a class 1 railway station, located 846.01 km (525.7 mi) from Thon Buri railway station. Phatthalung station opened in January 1913, as part of the Phatthalung-U Taphao Junction (Hat Yai) section of the Southern Line.
|Location||Sathani Road, Khuha Sawan Subdistrict, Phatthalung City|
|Owned by||State Railway of Thailand|
2011 Phatthalung rail accidentEdit
On 15 January 2011, freight train No. 722 Bang Sue Junction-Hat Yai Junction, collided with international express No. 36 Butterworth-Bangkok around the Phatthalung station area. Some bogies derailed and collided with local train No. 457 Nakhon Si Thammarat-Phatthalung, which was parked in the sidings. 4 people were injured from this incident, two passengers, one rail conductor and one railway policeman.
The cause was that the locomotive for freight train No. 722 broke down between Phatthalung Station and Pak Khlong Station, so the locomotive for international express No. 35 uncoupled with its carriages (on platform 1) and went to couple with the freight cars of No. 722, to be pulled back to Phatthalung Station. However, as the train approached (to enter platform 2), the rail switch failed and No. 722 collided with the carriages of No. 35 on platform 1. The carriages of No. 35 derailed and collided with carriages of No. 457.
- Special Express train (Thaksinarat) No. 31 / 32 Bangkok - Hat Yai - Bangkok
- International Express train No. 35 / 36 Bangkok - Butterworth - Bangkok (Terminated since 2 December 2016)
- Special Express train No. 37/38 Bangkok - Sungai Kolok - Bangkok
- Special Express train No. 45/46 Bangkok - Padang Besar (Malaysia) - Bangkok
- Diesel Rail Special Express train No. 41 / 42 Bangkok - Yala - Bangkok
- Rapid train No. 169 / 170 Bangkok - Yala - Bangkok
- Rapid train No. 171 / 172 Bangkok - Sungai Kolok - Bangkok
- Local train No. 445 / 446 Chumphon - Hat Yai - Chumphon
- Local train No. 447 / 448 Surat Thani - Sungai Kolok - Surat Thani
- Local train No. 451/452 Nakhon Si Thammarat- Sungai Kolok- Nakhon Si Thammarat
- Local train No. 455/456 Nakhon Si Thammarat- Yala -Nakhon Si Thammarat
- Local train No. 457/458 Nakhon Si Thammarat- Phatthalung- Nakhon Si Thammarat (Terminated since 1 October 2015)
- Local train No. 463/464 Phatthalung-Sungai Kolok-Phatthalung
- "(untitled)". State Railway of Thailand. Archived from the original on September 27, 2007.
- "อุบัติเหตุเกี่ยวกับรถไฟไทย" [Accident on Thailand Train]. Rotfaithai Forums. 15 January 2011.
- 岡本和之 (1993). タイ鉄道旅行. めこん. ISBN 4-8396-0080-5.[page needed]
- 柿崎一郎 (2010). 王国の鉄路 タイ鉄道の歴史. 京都大学学術出版会. ISBN 978-4-87698-848-8.[page needed]
- 渡邉乙弘 (2013). タイ国鉄4000キロの旅. 文芸社. ISBN 978-4-286-13041-5.[page needed]
Coordinates: 7°33′16″N 99°36′17″E / 7.5544°N 99.6046°E