Petra Marieka Jacoba Hogewoning (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈpeːtraː maːˈrikə jaːˈkoːbaː ˈɦoːɣəˌʋoːnɪŋ]; born 26 March 1986) is a Dutch retired football defender. She played for clubs in the Netherlands, Russia, the United States and Germany, as well as for the Netherlands women's national football team.
Hogewoning at the 2015 FIFA Women's World Cup
|Full name||Petra Marieka Jacoba Hogewoning|
|Date of birth||26 March 1986|
|Place of birth||Rijnsburg, Netherlands|
|Height||170 cm (5 ft 7 in)|
|Playing position||Left back|
|2010–2011||Zvezda 2005 Perm|
|2011||Sky Blue FC||1||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 02:07, 28 August 2016 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 02:07, 28 August 2016 (UTC)
In 2006–07 Hogewoning helped VV Ter Leede win the double in the last season of the pre-Eredivisie Vrouwen era. She moved to FC Utrecht for the start of the new competition, but missed most of 2007–08 with torn cruciate ligaments.
She signed for German Bundesliga side FCR Duisburg in 2011. In 2012, she joined the newly-formed AFC Ajax women's team, where she remained for almost four years. She retired from football in May 2016 after Ajax's KNVB Women's Cup final defeat by ADO Den Haag.
Hogewoning played in every match as the Netherlands reached the semi-final of UEFA Women's Euro 2009.
- "List of Players - Netherlands" (PDF). FIFA. 30 May 2015. p. 16. Retrieved 31 May 2015.
- "Petra Hogewoning". UEFA.com. UEFA. Archived from the original on 27 July 2013. Retrieved 27 July 2013. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Duisburg signs Hogewoning" (in German). womensoccer.de. 1 September 2011. Retrieved 1 September 2011.
- "Petra Hogewoning stopt met voetballen" (in Dutch). Ajax Heldinnen. 30 May 2016. Retrieved 28 August 2016.
- "International Matches (Women) 2004". RSSSF.com. Retrieved 2010-05-26.
- "Petra Hogewoning komt dit seizoen niet meer in actie" (in Dutch). vrouwenvoetbalnieuws.nl. 26 October 2012. Retrieved 12 July 2013.