Petra Ecclestone (born 19 December 1988) is a British-born heiress, model, fashion designer and socialite.
|Born||19 December 1988|
Westminster, London, England
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, US|
|Occupation||Heiress, model, fashion designer, socialite|
(m. 2011; div. 2017)
|Relatives||Tamara Ecclestone (sister)|
Ecclestone was born in London as the younger daughter of Croatian former Armani model Slavica and English Formula One billionaire Bernie Ecclestone. She has an older sister, Tamara Jane, and an older paternal half-sister, Deborah.
She contracted viral meningitis at the age of 14, and told the media that it "changed her life forever". She said "I no longer take my health for granted ... I’m now a health freak and a hypochondriac. I’m obsessed with cleanliness, I eat healthily and take my vitamins." She has since become an ambassador for the Meningitis Trust.
At the age of 19, she created the menswear label FORM, which was sold into retailers including Harrods from October 2008. In April 2009 it was announced that Petra had signed a contract with the Croatian clothing manufacturer Siscia.
She speaks Croatian fluently and understands French and Italian.
On 27 August 2011, Ecclestone married businessman James Stunt. She gave birth to their first child, daughter Lavinia Stunt, in February 2013. In April 2015 she gave birth to twin boys, James Robert Fredrick Stunt Jr and Andrew Kulbir Stunt. They divorced in 2017, and she reverted to her maiden name.
Her 57,000-square-foot (5,300 m2) mansion, The Manor, was the former residence of Candy and Aaron Spelling, and is the largest house in Los Angeles County. According to a 2012 article in the Wall Street Journal, she had first viewed several other properties, including a 36,000-square-foot property on Sunset Boulevard, priced at $49.5 million. The real estate broker Rick Hilton said: "I showed her several properties but they weren't grand enough." In 2014, Petra put The Manor back on the market with a price tag of $150 million. However, she reportedly turned down an offer that met her price in December 2015. The Manor was relisted for sale in October 2016 with an asking price of $200 million.
She also owns a residence in Chelsea, London that she bought in 2010 for $90 million. The owner of the construction company that worked on the building, Sayed Bukhari, said in the Wall Street Journal article that she had already been offered more than $125 million for the four-story home.
- "My secret life: Petra Ecclestone, fashion designer", The Independent; retrieved 18 June 2011.
- "Driving force: Petra Ecclestone". London Evening Standard. 8 October 2009. Archived from the original on 28 December 2011. Retrieved 16 April 2013.
- "Petra Ecclestone: I wanted to die: Turning point: when Petra Ecclestone contracted viral meningitis at the age of 14 it changed her life forever" by Julie Cross, The Times, 30 March 2010; retrieved 8 February 2011.
- Vernon, Polly (7 June 2009). "Petra Ecclestone, the heiress who works for a living". The Guardian. London.
- "Siscia Will Produce Clothing by Petra Ecclestone". Javno. 20 April 2009. Retrieved 16 April 2013.
- Perry, Tasmina (12 October 2008). "Christmas". The Daily Telegraph. London.
- Perry, Tasmina (29 August 2011). "A fairytale wedding fit for a Formula One princess". Hello Magazine. London.
- "Baby announcement: Petra Ecclestone has given birth to a girl". Hello Magazine.
- "Petra Ecclestone surprises everyone and gives birth to twins". OK Magazine.
- "Candy Spelling's Holmby Hills mansion listed for $150 million", Los Angeles Times; retrieved 18 June 2011.
- Jackson, Candace (18 May 2012). "The New First Family Of Real Estate". The Wall Street Journal. New York.
- Kudler, Adrian Glick (28 July 2014). "Can Petra Stunt Get $150 Million For the Infamous Manor?". Curbed LA. Retrieved 19 February 2019.
- Variety.com: "Petra Ecclestone Stunt Not Secretly Selling After All?", by Mark David (Real Estalker), 8 December 2015.
- LA Curbed.com: "Petra Ecclestone Turned Down a $150-Million Offer on Her Outrageous Manor", by Bianca Barragan, 8 December 2015.