Peter Young (banker)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Peter Young is the President and Managing Director of Young & Partners LLC, a boutique investment bank that specializes in the chemical and life sciences, working with companies for chemistry, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, and medical devices. He has served as president of the Société de Chimie Industrielle (American Section), and is the 2017 recipient of the Richard J. Bolte Sr. Award for supporting industries.
Peter Young, 2017
|Alma mater||Harvard Business School, New York University, Yale University|
|Employer||Young & Partners LLC|
|Awards||Richard J. Bolte Sr. Award 2017|
Peter Young earned his M.B.A. at Harvard Business School, where he was named a Baker Scholar with Highest Distinction. Prior to that he received his M.S. in Accounting from New York University and a B.A. in Economics from Yale University. He is a Certified Public Accountant, a Chartered Global Management Accountant and is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants.
Young worked with the management consulting firm Bain & Company where he advised on corporate strategy and restructuring, before moving to venture capital firm J.H. Whitney & Company. In 1986, he moved to Salomon Brothers, where he was in charge of the Chemicals section. He went on to lead the chemical section of Wertheim Schroder & Co. (later Schroders). In 1993 he was hired to lead the global chemical industry group at Lehman Brothers.
In 1996, Peter Young founded Young & Partners, which he manages. Current and Previous Clients include Apollo, Bayer, Dai Nippon Ink & Chemical, DSM, DuPont, Eastman Chemical, Henkel, Mitsubishi Corporation, Mitsui, Monsanto, Oxiteno, Perkin-Elmer, Rhone-Poulenc/Solvay and Solutia.
Awards and honorsEdit
Young serves on the Editorial Advisory Board of Pharmaceutical Executive Magazine.
Young received the Commercial Development and Marketing Association Executive Excellence award in April 2006. He is the 2017 recipient of the Richard J. Bolte Sr. Award for supporting industries.
- "Richard J. Bolte Sr. Award for Supporting Industries". Science History Institute. Retrieved 23 March 2018.
- "Company Overview of Young & Partners LLC". Bloomberg. Retrieved 3 April 2017.
- Westervelt, Robert; Valk, Vincent (December 21, 2015). "Banker: Chemicals M&A market steady in third quarter" (PDF). Chemical Week. Retrieved 3 April 2017.
- "Peter Young elected President of Société de Chimie Industrielle , the chemical and pharmaceutical industry organization" (PDF). Young & Partners. Retrieved January 4, 2016.
- "Yale Career Panels: A Candid View of the Non-Profit Profession". Yale Alumni Nonprofit Alliance. Retrieved 3 April 2017.
- "Executive changes". The New York Times. April 19, 1990. Retrieved 3 April 2017.
- "Careers: A Candid View of the Medical Profession". Yale Alumni Association. Retrieved 3 April 2017.
- "Peter Young". Walker's Research. Retrieved 3 April 2017.
- "Leadership". Société de Chimie Industrielle. Retrieved 3 April 2017.
- Looney, William (Mar 1, 2012). "The Maestros". Pharmaceutical Executive.