Peralta (Basque: Azkoien) is a town and municipality located in the province and autonomous community of Navarre, northern Spain. It is located 59.5 km from Pamplona, and is on the River Arga, a tributary of the Aragon River which itself flows into the Ebro. The population in 2020 was 5951 (INE) inhabitants. Peralta is one of twenty-seven municipalities that make up the Merindad de Olite in the southern part of Navarre.
|Peralta / Azkoien|
|• Total||88.4 km2 (34.1 sq mi)|
|• Density||66/km2 (170/sq mi)|
The flag's description:
It's formed by a cloth of 2/3 proportion, red with the shield of the municipality in the center.
Relief and hydrologyEdit
It's located in a zone formed by calize. Its river is River Arga.
- Miguel Irigaray Gorría (1850-1903), politician
- Emilio Rodríguez Irazusta (1860-1919), inventor of the National Identity Document, a square is dedicated to him near to the church.
- Santos Jorge, musician and composer of national anthem of Panama.
- Carlos Zalduendo, France rugby league International, former president of the French Rugby League Federation et former president of Toulouse Olympique.
- Municipal Register of Spain 2018. National Statistics Institute.