Pepeng Kuryente: Man with a Thousand Volts
Pepeng Kuryente: Man with a Thousand Volts is a 1988 Filipino science fiction action film written and directed by Jose Yandóc and starring Ramon Revilla as the titular character. Also starring are Ramon "Bong" Revilla Jr., Dante Rivero, Marissa Delgado, Ramon Zamora, Melissa Mendez, Gwen Avila, Alicia Alonzo, Cecille "Dabiana" Iñigo, and George Estregan Jr. Produced by Imus Productions, Pepeng Kuryente was released on November 16, 1988. Critic Lav Diaz gave the film a negative review, criticizing its lack of direction, slow pace, superfluous scenes, and constant product placement.
Man with a Thousand Volts
|Directed by||Jose Yandóc|
|Produced by||Azucena M. Bautista|
|Written by||Jose Yandóc|
|Music by||Mon del Rosario|
|Edited by||Tonie Sy|
- Ramon Revilla as Pepeng Kuryente
- Ramon "Bong" Revilla Jr. as young Pepe
- Dante Rivero as Dennis
- Marissa Delgado as Marcelina
- Ramon Zamora as Bruno
- Melissa Mendez as Isabel
- Gwen Avila as Maricris
- Alicia Alonzo as Aling Rosa
- Cecille "Dabiana" Iñigo as court clerk
- George Estregan Jr. as young Richard
- King Gutierrez
- Rodolfo "Boy" Garcia as Mang Doro
- Palito as Toothpick
- Lito Anzures as Bo. Captain of Julugan, Tanza, Cavite
- Bomber Moran as Lucas
- Lucita Soriano as Mang Doro's Wife
- Marco Polo as young Siso
- Edwin Reyes as Anselmo
- Renato del Prado as Siso
- Ingrid Salas as Auntie Juana
- Johnny Delgado as Richard
- Amay Bisaya as Bisaya
- Augusto Victa as the judge
- Miniong Alvarez as Miniong
Lav Diaz, writing for the Manila Standard, criticized the film's slow pace, lack of direction, filler situations (e.g. burning of the beach house), and constant product placement for the beer brand Carlsberg. Diaz also noted that though the film's Lola Basyang-like tone could appeal to children, its violence makes it inappropriate.
- Willis, Douglas (1997). Horror and Science Fiction Films IV. Lanham, Maryland: Scarecrow Pres. p. 380. ISBN 0-8108-3055-8. Retrieved August 21, 2020.
- "Movie Guide". Manila Standard. Manila Standard News, Inc. November 16, 1988. p. 15. Retrieved August 21, 2020.
DART CINEMA..........Pepeng Kuryente
- "Movie Guide". Manila Standard. Manila Standard News, Inc. November 15, 1988. p. 15. Retrieved August 21, 2020.
DART CINEMA...Shoot to Kill, Boy Bicol
- Diaz, Lav (November 22, 1988). "Mintis". Manila Standard (in Filipino). Manila Standard News, Inc. p. 16. Retrieved August 21, 2020.
... napakabagal na takbo ng istorya (andaming pasikut-sikot), kawalan ng direksyon ng istorya at iskrip, at mga sitwasyon na hindi naman kailangan.... Napaghahalata pang patalastas ng Carlsberg ang pelikula
|This 1980s science fiction film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a film made in the Philippines is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|