Pedro Macedo Camacho (born September 4, 1979) is a Portuguese composer of classical and religious music as well as film and video game scores. He is known for his Requiem to Inês de Castro and his score for Star Citizen.
|Birth name||Pedro Macedo Camacho|
|Born||September 4, 1979|
Camacho was born in the city of Funchal, Madeira, and started learning composition with Argentinean composer Roberto Pérez in his home city's Conservatoire and Arts School.
After three years, Camacho moved to Lisbon, where he continued his studies in the National Conservatoire for another four years with composer and teacher Eurico Carrapatoso. Under his guidance, Camacho received an A+ classification every year, becoming the only student ever to achieve this score.
As a pianist, Camacho started with teacher and musicologist, Robert Andres, and then with the Portuguese teacher, Melina Rebelo. He got an A in the final exam in Lisbon. Camacho was one of the very few students to finish the eight years' learning program in four years' time.
Camacho claims that composing has been an important part of his life since he was ten years old, when he started composing short musical pieces using the vintage tracker program OctaMED on an Amiga 500.
Side by side with this classical learning process, Camacho started learning jazz theory, composition and piano with the pianist Jorge Borges and, more recently, in the Portuguese Jazz School, Hot Clube Portugal.
Camacho's career in concert music only began in 2011, when he was commissioned to write the Requiem to Inês de Castro by Orquestra Clássica do Centro which was premiered on March 28, 2012. In this concert Camacho's composition teacher, Eurico Carrapatoso, also adapted one of his works to serve as opening to the Requiem. The world premiere was a huge success and, later that year, Camacho's Requiem, dedicated to Carrapatoso, was selected as the main work for the world's first digital concert with an orchestra and choir, sponsored by Samsung.
Concert music workEdit
- Stilt Walkers – Van Der Haeghe Alexis
- Fury – Auran, Codemasters
- Crime City – Games2Gaze
- Audiosurf – Invisible Handlebar
- Color Trail – Real Time Solutions
- Darwin the Monkey – Rocksolid Games
- Days of Sail – immersionFX
- Bonnie and Clyde – Mediaramas
- A Vampyre Story – Autumn Moon Entertainment
- Sacred 2: Fallen Angel (additional music) – Ascaron
- Zeno Clash (promo music) – Ace Team
- Fairytale Fights (lead composer) – Playlogic Game Factory
- Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island (lead composer) – Autumn Moon Entertainment
- Dom Duardos (Theatre) (composer, sound designer) – Audiokinetic Wwise and Companhia Contigo Teatro – First play in the world that used interactive music.
- 3DMark11 (PC benchmarking) (composer, sound designer) – Futuremark Corporation
- GooseGogs (VG) (audio director, composer) – Crimson Cow
- 3DMark Fire Strike (high end PC benchmarking for DX11) (composer, sound designer) – Futuremark Corporation
- Caixa Geral de Depósitos "Turn Around" commercial (composer) – McCann Erickson
- Sonae's Maxmat commercial (composer) – Ingreme
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2001||Lisbon Conservatory of Music, Best Composition Student Award||n/a||Won|
|2006||Games2006 International Festival Best Soundtrack||Global RTS||Nominated|
|2006||MI7 Best Music Award ||Hellgate: London||Won|
|2008||Independent Games Festival Excellence in Audio Award ||Audiosurf||Won|
|2010||Dutch Games Awards Best Audio Design ||Fairytale Fights||Won|
|2015||Motion Picture Sound Editors Awards ||Star Citizen||Nominated|
|2014||National Academy of Video Game Trade Reviewers (NAVGTR) awards ||1954: Alcatraz – Try And Forget Me||Nominated|
|2017||Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity ||AMCV Doctors||Nominated|
|2018||D.I.C.E. Awards||Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus||Nominated|
- "Requiem de Inês de Castro – Orquestra Clássica do Centro". Direcção Regional de Cultura do Centro. Retrieved 2013-01-04.
- "Coimbra inova com primeiro concerto digital em Portugal". Diário de Notícias Nacional. Retrieved 2013-01-04.
- "Engenheiro madeirense compôs Requiem a Inês de Castro". Diário de Notícias Regional. Retrieved 2013-01-04.
- "Samsung coloca Tecnologia ao serviço da Música". Samsung Newsroom. Retrieved 2013-01-04.
- "Concerto para orquestra, coro e tablets (vídeo)". Computer World Portugal. Retrieved 2013-01-04.
- "Samsung coloca a tecnologia ao serviço da música". zwame.pt. Retrieved 2013-01-04.
- "Pedro e Inês: o Futuro do Passado". cister.fm. Retrieved 2012-03-20.
- Alexis, Van der haeghe. "Stilt Walkers official movie download page". Retrieved 2008-12-29.
- "Fury credits page at mobygames.com". MobyGames. Retrieved 2008-12-28.
- "Crime City official page with music streaming from Pedro Macedo Camacho's soundtrack". Games2Gaze. Retrieved 2008-12-28.
- "immersionFX's Blog describing Crime City's soundtrack". immersionFX. Retrieved 2008-12-28.
- "Forum post by developer immersionFX". immersionFX. Retrieved 2008-12-28.
- "Audiosurf credits page at mobygames.com". MobyGames. Retrieved 2008-12-28.
- "Color Trail online flash version". iciba.com. Retrieved 2008-12-28.
- Usher, William. "Darwin the Monkey Review". Retrieved 2008-12-28.
- "Official Days of Sail website". immersionFX. Retrieved 2008-12-28.
- "Days of Sail page at immersionFX's Blog". immersionFX. Retrieved 2008-12-28.
- "Test de Sailing Simulation sur PC". jeuxvideo.com. Retrieved 2008-12-28.
- Zadicoff, Matias. "Bonnie and Clyde official trailer page". Retrieved 2008-12-29.
- Broomhall, John (November 2008). "Heard About A Vampyre Story". Develop Magazine (59). p. 57.
- "A Vampyre Story credits page at mobygames.com". MobyGames. Retrieved 2008-12-28.
- "Sacred 2: Fallen Angel credits page at mobygames.com". MobyGames. Retrieved 2008-12-28.
- "Zeno Clash. Interview with Carlos Bordeu". playhard.ru. Retrieved 2008-12-28.
- "Official Forum Soundtrack Post". fairytalefights.com. Retrieved 2009-09-01.
- "A visit to Pedro's studio". Pumpkin Post. Retrieved 2009-09-01.
- "Newspaper news about Dom Duardos from Gil Vicente". dnoticias. Retrieved 2011-01-15.
- "Audiokinetic interview with Pedro Macedo Camacho" (PDF). audiokinetic. Retrieved 2011-01-15.
- "GooseGogs – The Game". goosegogs.de. Retrieved 2012-03-12.
- "Afterfall: Insanity Credits". mobygames. Retrieved 2012-03-20.
- Reahard, Jef (27 November 2013). "CIG releases Star Citizen livestream vids, tops $33 million". Massively. AOL. Archived from the original on 2013-12-01. Retrieved 2014-11-15.
- Papen, Rob. "BLUE Synth Demo Page". Retrieved 2008-12-29.
- Papen, Rob. "BLUE Synth Main Page using Pedro Macedo Camacho's testimonial as main accolade". Retrieved 2008-12-29.
- Papen, Rob. "Predator Synth Demo Page". Retrieved 2008-12-29.
- "Competition Winner". MI7. Retrieved 2008-12-29.
- "2008 IGF winners". MobyGames. Retrieved 2008-12-28.
- "2008 Independent Games Festival Winners". IGF. Archived from the original on 2016-01-15. Retrieved 2008-12-28.
- "Fairytale Fights Credits". MobyGames. Retrieved 2011-01-15.
- "Dutch Game Awards 2010 Winners". Dutch Game Awards. Retrieved 2011-01-15.
- "Motion Picture Sound Editors Awards". MPSE. Retrieved 2015-08-15.
- "NAVGTR Awards (2014)". IMDB.
- Portugal, Fuel, AMCV - "Doctor", retrieved 2019-03-05
- "The Work". lovethework.com. Retrieved 2019-03-05.
- "RECOGNITION". PEDRO BEXIGA & MARCELO LOURENÇO. Retrieved 2019-03-05.
- "D.I.C.E. Awards By Video Game Details". www.interactive.org. Retrieved 2019-03-05.