Peace TV Bangla
Peace TV Bangla (Bengali: পিস টিভি বাংলা) is a Bengali language Islamic television network. Peace TV programs are in Bengali and some are dubbed into Bengali language and telecast free-to-air. The founder and president of Peace TV Bangla is Zakir Naik, an Islamic preacher from Mumbai, India.
|Country||United Arab Emirates|
|Broadcast area||Middle East, Bangladesh and India|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Owner||Zakir Naik (founder and president)|
Lords Production Ltd, a subsidiary of Universal Broadcasting Corporation Ltd
|Sister channels||Peace TV, Peace TV Urdu, Peace TV Chinese|
|Launched||22 April 2011|
Since 22 April 2011, Peace TV Bangla channel has been telecast worldwide but mainly in Asia, Middle East, Africa and Australia. Since 21 January 2006, its sister channel, Peace TV channel has been telecast to more than 200 countries around the world, including in Asia, Europe, Africa, Australia and North America. and 2009 (Peace TV Urdu) was launched, which is dedicated especially to the Urdu-speaking viewers around the world. Peace TV network covers live events, lecturing programs for adults and youths, as well as educational programs for children. Its president, Zakir Naik, often calls it an "edutainment channel".
After the Dhaka Terror Attack in which 29 people were killed, including 20 hostages (18 foreigners and 2 locals) and investigations in the matter revealed that one of terrorists involved in the attack had posted sermons of Zakir Naik on social media where Naik has urged "all Muslims to be terrorists" saying "if he is terrorizing a terrorist, he is following Islam".
Staffs and presentersEdit
- First Post. "Centre asks States to block unauthorised TV channels like Zakir Naik's Peace TV". Retrieved 10 July 2016.
- The Hindu. "Zakir Naik's UK-registered Foundation under scanner". Retrieved 10 July 2016.
- Times Of India. "Bangladesh bans televangelist Zakir Naik's Peace TV". Retrieved 10 July 2016.
- "Welcome to Peace TV Bangla". Peacetvbangla.com. Retrieved 30 November 2013.
- Dhaka Tribune (9 July 2016). "Fact-checking Zakir Naik". Retrieved 10 July 2016.
- Aataai Gazi Mahbub (10 May 2007). "Does 'Peace TV' Encourage Interfaith Amity?". OhMyNews. Retrieved 19 May 2007.
- Syed Neaz Ahmad (23 February 2007). "Peace TV Reaching 400 Million Viewers – Dr. Zakir Naik". Saudi Gazette. Archived from the original on 7 July 2007. Retrieved 18 May 2007.
- "About Peace TV". Peacetv.in. Archived from the original on 26 November 2013. Retrieved 30 November 2013.
- "An Inter - Religious dialogue for Spiritual Enlightenment". The True Call. 13 December 2006. Archived from the original on 2 January 2014. Retrieved 19 May 2007.
- "British authorities consider banning Peace TV – The Express Tribune". Tribune.com.pk. 30 November 2010. Retrieved 5 April 2011.
- Washington Post. "Islamic TV preacher denies link to Bangladesh attack, accuses media of unfair trial". Retrieved 15 July 2016.
- Times of India. "Bangladesh bans televangelist Zakir Naik's Peace TV". Retrieved 10 July 2016.
- "Dr Zakir Naik - President, IRF". Peace TV Bangla. Retrieved 1 November 2015.
- "Shaykh Muhammad Abdur Rahman Madani". Peace TV Bangla. Retrieved 1 November 2015.
- "Shaykh Muhammad Abdul Qayyum". Peace TV Bangla. Retrieved 1 November 2015.