Paweł Wojciechowski (economist)
Paweł Wojciechowski (born January 3, 1960) is a Polish economist.
|4th Poland Ambassador to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development|
11 August 2010 – August 2014
|Preceded by||Jan Woroniecki|
|Succeeded by||Jakub Wiśniewski|
|Born||January 3, 1960|
|Alma mater||Main School of Planning and Statistics|
He graduated from the Foreign Trade Faculty of the Main School of Planning and Statistics in 1983. In 1986 he graduated with a bachelor's degree in Economics from John Carroll University, Ohio in the United States.
Paweł Wojciechowski has academic, corporate and government experiences. While staying in Cleveland between 1983 and 1991, he worked as an analyst at the Center for Regional Economic Issues and lectured in statistics at John Carroll University.
After returning to Warsaw, from 1992 to 1995, he advised the Polish government on privatisation and capital market development, including work for UNDP, the Polish Ministry of Privatisation and KPMG/USAID.
From 1995 to 2005, he worked as CEO of three financial institutions: Polish Fund Management Group Sp. z o.o. – Polish Development Bank S.A. division (1995–1996); PBK ATUT TFI S.A. – Investment Fund Company (1996–1999); and PTE Allianz Poland S.A. – Allianz Pension Fund (1999–2005).
In 2006 Paweł Wojciechowski was entrusted with the position of Minister of Finance, earlier serving as economic advisor to the Prime Minister Kazimierz Marcinkiewicz. After the change of government, he became Chief Economist of the Polish Institute of Directors, and then he headed the Polish Information and Foreign Investment Agency for two years. 
From March 2009, until his nomination as Permanent Representative of Poland to the OECD, Paweł Wojciechowski was Undersecretary of State at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Poland, responsible for economic cooperation and development.
On 11 August 2010, Paweł Wojciechowski took up his duties as Ambassador, Permanent Representative of Poland to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development.
In 2014, after his tenure as an Ambassador, Paweł Wojciechowski became the Chief Economist of the Polish Social Insurance Institution (ZUS). He is also the European Coordinator for the TEN-T Rhine-Alpine Corridor, since May 2015 .
- "Warsaw Business Journal". Retrieved 23 April 2007.
- "Permanent Representation of the Republic of Poland to the OECD". Retrieved 14 September 2011.
- "Polish Information and Foreign Investment Agency". Retrieved 17 April 2007.
- "Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Poland". Retrieved 1 May 2010.
- "Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development". Retrieved 14 September 2011.
- "European Commission appoints Paweł Wojciechowski as new European Coordinator for the Rhine-Alpine core network corridor - Mobility and Transport - European Commission". Mobility and Transport. 2015-05-27. Retrieved 2018-09-23.