Paul Nevin is a football coach. He is a first team coach at Premier League club West Ham United. He is a former head coach of the New Zealand Knights, a professional club competing in the A-League.
|Full name||Paul Nevin|
|Date of birth||23 June 1969|
|Place of birth||London, England|
|2006–2007||New Zealand Knights FC|
|2007–2012||Aspire Academy Qatar|
|2012–2014||Norwich City (Coach)|
|2016–2019||Brighton & Hove Albion (First Team coach)|
|2018-2019||England (Placement coach)|
Nevin began his coaching career at Fulham FC in the United Kingdom where he spent 8 years in several roles including Academy and Reserve Team Manager. He then accepted an invitation to improve the fortunes of the struggling New Zealand Knights who competed in the Australian Hyundai A League. Nevin was appointed manager with the departure of former coach John Adshead at the completion of the 2005-06 A-League season.
Following his tenure in New Zealand, Nevin then took up a position at Aspire Academy in Qatar in 2007. He was responsible for developing players for Qatar's junior and senior national teams, while also being involved in Coach Development. Nevin has enjoyed coaching opportunities in Africa, China and Brazil and was also a regular guest presenter on the Al Jazeera Sports Channel.
Following a successful 5 years in the Middle East, Nevin returned to the Premier League as Head of Coaching at Norwich City FC. This spell at the club also saw him promoted to the role of First Team Coach. In 2014 Nevin was approached by the Premier League to become Head of Academy Coach development, a role that saw Nevin work with all the Premier League and Category One Clubs and support each of them with their Coach Development programmes. Nevin has also worked with the FA as a coach with the Youth National Teams.
In October 2018, Nevin was temporarily appointed to Gareth Southgate's England coaching staff as part of The FA's BAME coaching initiative across all national teams. Nevin remained with the Three Lions through to their third-place finish at the 2019 UEFA Nations League Finals.
In February 2020, Nevin was appointed as first team coach at West Ham United.
- "Knights, Nevin part company". A-League official website. 15 November 2006. Retrieved 15 November 2006.[permanent dead link]
- "Nevin accepts sanction and moves on". New Zealand Knights official website. 4 October 2006. Archived from the original on 4 November 2006. Retrieved 15 November 2006.
- "PAUL NEVIN, TERRY CONNOR AND SOL CAMPBELL TO SUPPORT ENGLAND TEAMS". The FA. 3 October 2018. Retrieved 10 June 2019.
- "West Ham appoint Kevin Nolan and Paul Nevin as first-team coaches". 6 February 2020 – via www.bbc.co.uk.
- "Nations League: England beat Switzerland 6-5 on penalties after 0-0 draw". BBC Sport. 9 June 2019. Retrieved 9 June 2019.
|This biographical article related to New Zealand association football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|