Paul Evans is a digitally-native New York City-based menswear brand, best known for its collection of luxury footwear. The company was founded by Evan Fript and Benjamin Earley in 2012. It is vertically integrated and sells internationally into 100 countries around the world, directly to consumers online. The shoes are handmade in Naples, Italy.
|Products||Designer men's shoes|
Evan Fript and Benjamin Earley began their careers working in finance in New York City. The idea for the brand originated as the two realized how expensive traditional men's luxury shoes were and how few brand options existed.
Fript and Earley founded the Paul Evans brand in 2012, and launched the e-commerce website in August 2013. The company received seed funding from a group of young investors in 2013 to fund the first few factory orders.
Fript and Earley looked at different European manufacturers in Spain, Italy and Portugal, and selected a family-owned factory in Naples that produces other internationally known brands in the industry.
Paul Evans is a vertically integrated menswear brand that sells its Italian luxury footwear internationally directly to the consumer. The brand first released three cap-toe oxfords, including the Brando, the Cagney and the Grant, all made from Italian calfskin. In 2014, the brand introduced three additional styles including the Stewart penny loafer, the Martin whole-cut oxford and the Chaplin suede tassel loafer. By 2015, the company produced 16 styles of men's shoes. Paul Evans' shoes have been featured by Forbes, Refinery29, and Esquire Magazine.
- Max Berlinger (14 November 2013). "Shoe Porn: Paul Evans Semi-Brogues". Esquire Magazine. Retrieved 23 November 2014.
- Katie Chang (5 May 2014). "Rules of Shoes: Paul Evans' Founders Ben Earley and Evan Fript on How to Buy and Care For Your Kicks". Details. Retrieved 23 November 2014.
- Marissa Mule (1 August 2014). "Paul Evans Shoes Take a Step in the Right Direction". New York Observer. Retrieved 23 November 2014.
- "Men: When It Comes To Being Stylish, Start With Your Shoes". Huffington Post. 26 September 2014. Retrieved 23 November 2014.
- Linette Lopez (10 June 2014). "Two Finance Guys Have Created The Ultimate Solution For Men's Shoes". Business Insider. Retrieved 23 November 2014.
- Jill Newman (21 August 2014). "Paul Evans Puts Its Best Foot Forward". Robb Report. Retrieved 23 November 2014.
- "Take A Walk in Paul Evans' Handsome Shoes". Effortless Gent. 2013. Retrieved 23 November 2014.
- "Digital Menswear Startup Paul Evans Looks to Bring Down the Cost of Luxury Dress Shoes". Modern Fellows. 14 March 2014. Retrieved 23 November 2014.
- Sabir M Peele (3 June 2014). "Paul Evans Shoes Launches S/S '14 Collection". MSP Daily. Men's StylePro. Retrieved 23 November 2014.
- "Start-up thinks outside the (shoe)box". CNBC. January 28, 2015. Retrieved November 19, 2015.
- Larry Olmsted (November 29, 2014). "Holiday Gift Guide For Fitness; Good Living". Forbes. Retrieved November 19, 2015.
- "33 Gifts For Every Man In Your Life". Refinery29. Retrieved November 19, 2015.