This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Paul Costelloe (born on 27 June 1945) is an Irish designer and artist.
Costelloe in 2015
|Known for||Paul Costelloe Living|
Anne Cooper (m. 1979)
Life and careerEdit
Paul Costelloe married Anne Cooper in 1979, and has seven children. In 1999, he moved from Dublin to London where his designer label is based. From 1982 to 1997, Costelloe was the personal designer for Diana, Princess of Wales. In 1992, Costelloe designed the landmark British Airways uniform, which remained unchanged for twelve years. In 2004, Costelloe designed the Irish Olympic Team uniform for the 2004 Summer Olympic Games in Athens, Greece. On May 12, 2017, Costelloe appeared on the Irish talk show, The Late Late Show, and made a number of caustic comments about women.
In popular cultureEdit
In 2010, Costelloe was one of six contemporary and internationally renowned Irish fashion designers featured on a set of Irish postage stamps issued by An Post. The other designers featured were Louise Kennedy, Lainey Keogh, John Rocha, Philip Treacy and Orla Kiely. Along with Kennedy, he was a celebrity guest judge for the 2013 final of RTÉ Television's Craft Master show.
- "I'm comfortable dropping the bomb. I quite enjoy being a little bit dangerous - The Sunday Business Post". 2016-02-14. Retrieved 2016-09-02.
- Costelloe, castration and chauvinism
- "The Paul Costelloe Story - Paul Costelloe". www.paulcostelloe.com. Retrieved 2016-09-02.
- Paul Costelloe takes a pop at 'great little girl' Victoria Beckham and other female figures and some Late Late Show viewers are not impressed
- Paul Costelloe criticised for comments about women on the Late Late Show
- Paul Costelloe made some seriously dodgy remarks about women The Late Late Show last night
- "Magnificent Irish fashionista stamps". World Stamp News. 18 July 2010. Archived from the original on 3 February 2014. Retrieved 23 January 2014. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Craft Master: Judges". RTÉ Television. Retrieved 23 January 2014.