Patricia M. Clavin, historian and academic, who specialises in international relations, economic crises, and twentieth-century history. She is Professor of International History at the University of Oxford, and a fellow and tutor in history at Jesus College, Oxford.is a British
|Title||Professor of International History|
|Alma mater||King's College London|
|Sub-discipline||International relations |
20th century history
Early life and educationEdit
Before moving to Oxford, Clavin was Reader in Modern History at Keele University. In October 2003, she was elected a Fellow of Jesus College, Oxford and appointed a university lecturer in modern history at the University of Oxford. In 2011, she was granted a Title of Distinction as "Professor of International History".
In 2015, Clavin was awarded the British Academy Medal for her book, Securing The World Economy: The Reinvention of the League of Nations 1920-1946; the medals are awarded each year to up to three people "for landmark academic achievement in any of the humanities and social science disciplines supported by the Academy". In July 2016, she was elected a Fellow of the British Academy (FBA), the UK's national academy for the humanities and the social sciences. She is also a Fellow of the Royal Historical Society (FRHistS), and a Foreign Member of the Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters.
- Clavin, Patricia (1996). The failure of economic diplomacy: Britain, Germany, France and the United States, 1931-36. Basingstoke: Macmillan. ISBN 978-0333605301.
- Briggs, Asa; Clavin, Patricia (1997). Modern Europe: 1789-1989 (1st ed.). London: Longman. ISBN 978-0582494060.
- Clavin, Patricia (2000). The Great Depression in Europe, 1929-1939. Basingstoke: Macmillan. ISBN 978-0333606803.
- Briggs, Asa; Clavin, Patricia (2003). Modern Europe, 1789 - present (2nd ed.). London: Pearson Longman. ISBN 978-0582772601.
- Clavin, Patricia (2013). Securing the world economy: the reinvention of the League of Nations, 1920-1946. Oxford: Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0199577934.
- "Professor Patricia Clavin". Faculty of History. University of Oxford. 2 December 2013. Retrieved 26 July 2016.
- "Professor Patricia Clavin". Jesus College. University of Oxford. Retrieved 26 July 2016.
- "Appointments and Reappointments". Oxford University Gazette. 135 (4681). 15 January 2004. Retrieved 26 July 2016.
- "Recognition of Distinction 2010–2011: Successful Candidate" (pdf). Oxford University Gazette. 141 (4974): 237. 18 January 2012. Retrieved 26 July 2016.
- "British Academy announces 2015 prize and medal winners". The British Academy. 29 September 2015. Retrieved 26 July 2016.
- "British Academy announces new President and elects 66 new Fellows". The British Academy. 15 July 2016. Retrieved 18 July 2016.
- "Professor Patricia Clavin elected British Academy Fellow". Jesus College. University of Oxford. 18 July 2016. Retrieved 26 July 2016.
- "Fellows - C" (PDF). Current RHS Fellows and Members. Royal Historical Society. May 2016. Retrieved 26 July 2016.
- "Kathleen Fitzpatrick Fellowship/STIR". Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences. University of Sydney. 22 July 2016. Retrieved 26 July 2016.