Party of One
Party of One is an album by English singer-songwriter Nick Lowe. Produced by Dave Edmunds, it was released in 1990 by Reprise Records and reissued with altered cover art and two bonus tracks in 1995 by Upstart Records.
|Party of One|
|Studio album by|
|Recorded||March 1988 - October 1989|
|Studio||Oceanway Studios, Los Angeles|
Record One Studios, Sherman Oaks, California
|Genre||Rock and roll|
|Nick Lowe chronology|
Party of One is one of only two Nick Lowe solo albums with no cover songs, as it is made up entirely of songs written or co-written by Lowe (the other album is 1982's Nick the Knife). One of the songs on Party of One, "All Men Are Liars," features a playful jab at Rick Astley and quotes from his 1987 song "Never Gonna Give You Up."
All songs written by Nick Lowe except as noted.
- "You Got the Look I Like"
- "(I Want to Build a) Jumbo Ark"
- "Gai-Gin Man"
- "Who Was That Man?"
- "What's Shakin' on the Hill"
- "All Men Are Liars"
- "Rocky Road" (Lowe, Simon Kirke)
- "Refrigerator White"
- "I Don't Know Why You Keep Me On"
CD reissue bonus tracksEdit
- "You Stabbed Me in the Front"
- "Rocket Coast"
- Nick Lowe – bass guitar, lead vocals
- Jim Keltner – drums
- Bill Kirchen – electric guitar
- Paul Carrack – organ, piano
- Austin de Lone – piano, acoustic guitar
- Ry Cooder – electric guitar, mandolin
- Dave Edmunds – electric guitar
- Ray Brown – string bass on "What's Shakin' on the Hill"
- Most of the above – backing vocals