|Born||1 May 1975|
London, England, UK
Baeza was born in London, but spent her childhood in Mexico. Her Mexican father and her English mother were musicians who met in England. In 1975, when Baeza was five-months old, her parents married in London and they went to Mexico City. They divorced nine years later.
She returned to the UK with her mother in 1985 when she was nine. She started taking acting classes and appeared very early in the London theatres and British television productions. She studied English and Performing Arts at the University of Bristol.
Baeza has acted in a number of films and television programmes, including the 1998 film Far from the Madding Crowd playing the leading role of Bathsheba Everdene, and the 2008 BBC production The Passion as Mary Magdalene. She has also performed on stage, including Navy Pier in 2000 and The Flight Into Egypt in 1996.
Baeza directed a short feature film Watchmen in 2001, which she co-wrote the former with actor Cillian Murphy, who also starred. She directed the TV film The Window in 2006. Baeza decided to study animation at the National Film and Television School. For her graduation project, she made the stop-motion short film "Poles Apart", which won the BAFTA award for Best Animated Short Film in 2018. In 2018, she began directing a CG/live-action film, The Toymaker's Secret written by her husband Alex Garland. She is also working on a project on the life of Frida Kahlo.
- The Passion (TV series): Mary Magdalene
- Mud (TV series): Phillippa
- Look Me in the Eye: Paula
- La Bible: Joseph: Dinah
- A Kid in King Arthur's Court: Princess Katey
- No Bananas: Pink Grant
- The Tenant of Wildfell Hall: Rose Markham
- Barnaby Inspector: Meg Moon
- The Odyssey (TV miniseries): Melanthe
- Bramwell (TV series): Emmaline
- Far from the Madding Crowd (1998 film) (TV movie): Bathsheba Everdene
- A Knight in Camelot (TV film, 1998): Sandy
- A Touch of Frost (TV series): Rachel Darrow
- Sunburn: Aideen Higgins
- All Forgotten: Mashenka
- Anna Karenina (TV series): Kitty
- The Escapist: Valerie Hopkins
- Rebel Heart (TV miniseries): Ita Feeney
- Waking the Dead (TV series): Anna Maitland
- The Way We Live Now: Hetta Carbury
- The Project: Irene Lloyd
- Essential Poems for Christmas (TV film): Reader
- Scars (TV film): Sophia
- Sunshine: Capa's sister
- Spooks (series 7): Elizabeta Starkova 
- Watchmen (short film, 2001)
- The Window (TV film, 2006)
- The Odds (short film, 2009)
- Poles Apart (short film, 2017)
- The Toymaker's Secret (2019)
- "Alex Garland on Ex Machina: 'I feel more attached to this film than to anything before'". The Guardian. January 11, 2015.
- "Animation Magazine's Rising Stars of 2018". Animation Magazine. 30 March 2018.
- "Paloma Baeza - Mary Magdelene". BBC.
- "A Woman of Independent Means". The Washington Post. 10 May 1998.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-01-01. Retrieved 2014-03-03. Cite uses deprecated parameter
|deadurl=(help)CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "10 Animators to Watch 2018". Variety.
- "BBC News at 6 Feature on graduate Paloma Baeza – 16 March 2018". NFTS.
- "Alex Garland's New Project 'The Toymaker's Secret' Finds Home at TriStar". Variety. April 10, 2018.
- Clarke, Stewart (30 April 2019). "Frida Kahlo Animated Feature in the Works, Paloma Baeza Set to Direct". Variety.
- BBC Press Release
- "Film | British Short Animation in 2018". BAFTA. Retrieved 8 May 2019.