This article may be confusing or unclear to readers. In particular, The plot is a bit confusing.. (September 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Palatak is a 1963 Bengali film directed by Jatrik. The film features actors Anup Kumar, Sandhya Roy and Ruma Guha Thakurta in the lead roles. The film was based on Angti Chattujjer Vai, a Bengali novel of Manoj Basu. Shyamsundar Ghosh composed the music for the film. The movie was remade in Hindi in 1969 as Rahgir.
|Directed by||Jatrik (Dilip Mukherjee, Sachin Mukherjee, Tarun Majumder)|
|Produced by||V. Shantaram|
|Written by||Manoj Basu|
Ruma Guha Thakurta
|Music by||Hemanta Mukherjee|
|Edited by||Kashunath Bose|
A man Basanta Chatujje (describing himself as Angti Chattujje's brother) who couldn't stand bounds and chains bitten by wanderlust. In spite of the fact that he hailed from a rich Zamindari family and could have lived in comfort, his wanderlust took him to newer and different places where he encountered new people and mingled with their lives. He marries a woman Harimati and returns home to his family with his wife. But after few days unaware of the fact that his wife is pregnant, he leaves her to go on another journey.
- Mon je amar kemon kemon kore ...
- Jibon pur er pathik re bhai ...
- Krishna kalo aadhar kalo ...
- Aha re bidhi go tor leela bhoja daay ...
- "Palatak Movie (2012) | Reviews, Cast & Release Date in Satara". BookMyShow.
- "ভালোবাসার চির তরুণ". Eisamay Blog (in Bengali). 9 February 2018. Retrieved 11 December 2020.
- "'লন্ঠনের আলোয় আমার চিত্রনাট্য লেখা'". anandabazar.com (in Bengali). Retrieved 11 December 2020.
- "Palatak (1963) Cast - Actor, Actress, Director, Producer, Music Director". Cinestaan.
- "PALATAK (1963)". 8 July 2016.