The former train station in Paige
|Elevation||570 ft (174 m)|
|• Density||25/sq mi (10/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|Area code(s)||512, 737|
Paige was created in 1872 near the Houston and Texas Central Railway. The post office of Paige was created in 1874, and in 1876, the railway station near the town was moved three miles east to the location of the current station. In 1877, Fedor Soder arrived at in the town and sold many town lots to Germans. He also created a store and a cotton gin, as the town was growing due to massive production of cotton in the area. The population of Paige in 1884 was about 350 citizens, and it jumped to 500 in 1886. By that time, the town had several businesses, a broom factory, a creamery, a pickle factory, and seven cotton gins. The town was a large shipping joint for butter, cattle, cordwood, cotton, eggs, hogs, potatoes, and many other items. The town gained a bank and telephone service in 1914, but the population slightly decreased up till the 1960s or 1970s. In 1982, the town formed a volunteer fire department. The population was reported to be 275 in 1990, and it remained the same in the year 2000.
The Paige community is within the Bastrop Independent School District. Students attend Emile Elementary School (in the former Emile School), Bastrop Intermediate School, Bastrop Middle School, and Bastrop High School.
- "PAIGE, TX". The Handbook of Texas Online. Texas State Historical Association. Retrieved May 31, 2017.
- "Search Results for ZIP code 78659". zipinfo.com. CD Light, LLC. Retrieved May 31, 2017.
- "Feature Detail Report for:Paige". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved May 31, 2017.
- "Paige Community." Bastrop County, Texas. Retrieved on January 25, 2017.
- "District Boundary/Attendance Maps" (Archive). Bastrop Independent School District. Retrieved on January 23, 2017. The zone map shows Paige as being within the Emile Elementary zone. "Bastrop feeder pattern: Bastrop High School, Bastrop Middle School, Bastrop Intermediate School, Emile Elementary,[...]"
- "Emile Elementary." Bastrop Independent School District. Retrieved on January 23, 2017.
- "Bastrop ISD Attendance Boundaries." Bastrop Independent School District. Retrieved on January 23, 2017.