Paddles (2016 – 7 November 2017) was a ginger and white polydactyl cat, owned by New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern and her partner. Paddles was a rescue cat, adopted by Ardern from a branch of the SPCA. She became a celebrity as the "First Cat" after Ardern took office, and a Twitter account was established in her name. Ardern said that she didn't know who created the account. Paddles interrupted the congratulatory phone call from US President Donald Trump.
|Died|| (aged 1)|
Point Chevalier, Auckland, New Zealand
|Known for||Rescue cat kept by the Prime Minister of New Zealand|
|Appearance||Ginger and white, polydactyl|
- "New Zealand's adorable 'First Cat' Is taking over Twitter with its opposable thumbs". PEOPLE.com. Archived from the original on 8 November 2017. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- Chen, Heather (26 October 2017). "New Zealand's 'first cat' and other political pets". BBC News. Archived from the original on 9 November 2017. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- "Paddles the New Zealand PM's famous cat dies in car crash". Sky News. Archived from the original on 9 November 2017. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- Weaver, Hilary (24 October 2017). "New Zealand's hip, young Prime Minister comes complete with a tech-savvy cat". Vanity Fair. Retrieved 25 October 2017.
- Prendergast, Ella. "Tributes flow into SPCA after the death of Jacinda Ardern's cat Paddles". Newshub. Archived from the original on 8 November 2017. Retrieved 7 November 2017.
- "Jacinda Ardern's cat Paddles has died after being hit by a car". New Zealand Herald. 7 November 2017. Retrieved 7 November 2017.
|This New Zealand–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This felid-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|