It has it roots in the Southdown Press, the publishers of New Idea and long owned by the Murdoch family. When News Corp Australia acquired the Herald and Weekly Times in 1987, the Australasian and Argus titles (Australasian Post, Home Beautiful, Your Garden) were added. Rupert Murdoch spun off his Australian magazine holdings in 1991 into a new company, Pacific Magazines and Printing (PMP). Seven Media Group acquired Pacific Magazines in 2002, leaving PMP as solely a printing business. Two years later, Seven bought Murdoch Magazines, a former corporate sibling in News Corp Australia, from Matt Handbury.
In 2017, Pacific unveiled its all new "premium user experience" digital offerings for Marie Claire and Women's Health.
Fashion & Beauty
- Marie Claire Australia, a monthly women's fashion magazine, based on the original French version founded in 1937
- InStyle, a monthly fashion, lifestyle and entertainment magazine, based on the American magazine
- Men's Health, a monthly men's lifestyle magazine, based on the American title of the same name
- Women's Health, a monthly women's lifestyle magazine, the international version based on the American magazine
- BeautyCrew.com.au, the leading digital beauty offering providing how to's, news and product reviews.
- Girlfriend, a monthly magazine for teenage girls.
- New Idea, a weekly women's magazine.
- That's Life!, a weekly lifestyle magazine.
- Who, a weekly celebrity magazine, sister to the United States weekly People.
- PracticalParenting.com.au, a premium digital parenting destination with a pull out parenting section in the New Idea magazine.
Home & Food
- All Recipes, Australia's best user created recipes web property.
- Better Homes and Gardens, a monthly home/lifestyle magazine and Australia's best selling magazine.
- Diabetic Living, a bi-monthly lifestyle magazine aimed at people suffering from diabetes.
- Family Circle, a women's magazine aimed at mothers, based on the American publication.
- Home Beautiful, a monthly home decorating magazine.
- NewIdeaFood.com.au', a new gourmet food online product offering recipes with topical food news.
- Bride to Be, a bridal magazine. (print edition ceased publication in September 2016)
- Famous, a weekly celebrity tabloid magazine. (print edition ceased publication 2016)
- Feast, a monthly magazine in partnership with SBS Food (ceased publication in 2015)
- K-Zone, a monthly children's magazine highlighting toys, gaming, anime, sport and entertainment. (ceased publication inJuly 2017)
- Prevention, a monthly healthy lifestyle magazine for women over 40 (the last issue by the company was published in December 2016)
- Your Garden, a quarterly gardening magazine (ceased publication in August 2016)
- Lindsay Bennett (22 August 2016). "PacMags calls quits on Prevention, closes three magazines". AdNews. Retrieved 2 February 2017.
- "Seven Network's Pacific Publications buys Murdoch Magazines". Sydney Morning Herald. 12 July 2004. ISSN 0312-6315. Retrieved 12 April 2015.
- "Pacific Magazines Takes Back Digital Assets from Yahoo7".
- "Pacific Magazines revamps marieclaire.com.au".
- Miranda Ward (22 August 2016). "Pacific Magazines ceases publication of Prevention, Dec/Jan issue to be its last". Mumbrella. Retrieved 4 September 2016.