Oxygen (2017 film)
Oxygen is a 2017 Indian Telugu-language action thriller film produced by S. Aishwarya on Sri Sai Raam Creations banner, presented by A. M. Rathnam and directed by A. M. Jyothi Krishna. The film stars Gopichand, Raashi Khanna, and Anu Emmanuel in the lead roles, while Jagapathi Babu, Kick Shaam and Abhimanyu Singh play the supporting roles and music was composed by Yuvan Shankar Raja. Formally launched on 17 December 2015, the film was released theatrically on 30 November 2017.
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||A. M. Jyothi Krishna|
|Produced by||S. Aishwarya|
A. M. Rathnam (Presents)
|Written by||A. M. Jyothi Krishna|
Surendra Krishna (dialogues)
|Screenplay by||A. M. Jyothi Krishna|
|Music by||Yuvan Shankar Raja|
|Cinematography||Chota K. Naidu|
Sri Sai Raam Creations
When two mysterious men start killing his family members one by one, Raghupati decides to get his daughter Shruti married to an NRI named Krishna Prasad, for her safety. Contrary to the family's expectations, Krishna turns out to be a well-cultured man who respects the traditions. He wins over everyone with his nature, but Shruti doesn't want to leave her family after their marriage. Raghupati's enemies continue trying to kill his family members, and one such encounter results in a fight at the river bridge. Having learnt about the rival Veerabhadram who wants Raghupati's family died due to a misunderstanding and thus sent the goons, Krishna warns him not to mess with his family again. Shruti has a change of heart but pleads Krishna to leave behind his business and stay in the village. He readily agrees before the two attackers arrive. Shruti's brother Mahendra hands over a sword to Krishna to kill them. However, Krishna kills Mahendra and other men with the help of the killers. He also kills Shruti's uncle Ganapathi and holds her hostage. Upon being questioned by her, Krishna reveals himself to be an Indian Army Major named Sanjeev, and the killers are none other than his colleagues, Captain Amith and Captain Satyaveer. When Krishna's brother Ajay committed suicide due to lung cancer caused by chain-smoking, he decided to investigate the matter with the help of his girlfriend Geetha. Together, they found out about a heavy dose of drugs mixed in cigarettes manufactured by the Tiger brand. Sanjeev started a "Mission Oxygen" and got the brand banned after capturing and killing its owner.
While returning to duty, Sanjeev learned someone was trying to find about him and his family and tried to warn Geetha. Raghupati's brothers, the real owners of the Tiger Brand and its poisonous formula, killed Sanjeev's parents. In order to prevent them from knowing about Sanjeev, Geetha leaked the gas cylinder and caused an explosion that kills her. The men survived and escaped, while Sanjeev was shattered after hearing everything on the phone. His colleagues killed Shruti's uncle who came to know Sanjeev was inquiring about the attackers. His death terrified Shruti's family members who stopped leaving home. Sanjeev sent details about the marriage to Raghupati via his dead brother's phone, and thus came as Krishna Prasad to kill his family members responsible. Shruti is now convinced and decides to help Sanjeev with retrieving the cigarette formula. They manage to retrieve the black money locked in a safe by Raghupati's brothers and distribute it to the affected parties. Learning from his brother about Sanjeev's truth and Shruti's kidnapping, Raghupati is shocked and admitted to the hospital. A police officer tries to catch Sanjeev after the money distribution but in vain. Sanjeev and his colleagues break into the factory to retrieve the formula while Shruti uploads the link to a live broadcast of the operation. A fight ensues, leaving Sanjeev wounded and his colleagues dead. Raghupati is then revealed to be the real creator of the cigarette who has the formula hidden in his own mind. Through the CCTV footage airing live, everyone learns about him. Sanjeev urges people to quit smoking for one last time and then proceeds to jump into the fire along with Raghupati, killing him and blasting the factory. The public is motivated to give up smoking, while the police close the case and declare Sanjeev dead. However, he is revealed to be alive in Mumbai after the police officer, who tried to catch him, assures support whenever needed.
- Gopichand as Major Sanjeev / Krishna Prasad
- Raashi Khanna as Shruti, Raghupati's daughter, Krishna Prasad's fiancée who supports him in his revenge
- Anu Emmanuel as Geetha, a microbiologist, Sanjeev's girlfriend/fiancée who gets killed while trying to save him
- Jagapati Babu as Raghupati, Shruti's father, one of Sanjeev's family's murders
- Kick Shaam as Mahendra, Raghupati's son
- Abhimanyu Singh as Chalapathi, one of Sanjeev's family's murders
- Nagineedu as Sripathi, one of Sanjeev's family's murders
- Brahmaji as Ganapathi, one of Sanjeev's family's murders
- Ashish Vidyarthi as CBI Officer Ajit Reddy
- Sayaji Shinde as Veerabhadram
- Milind Gunaji as Major General Chandra Prakash
- Chandra Mohan as Sanjeev's father
- Sudha as Sanjeev's mother
- Ali as Savitri
- Vennela Kishore as Aakash
- Amit Tiwari as Captain Amith
- Prabhakar as Captain Satyaveer
- Sithara as Raghupati's wife
- Raghu Babu as Veerabhadram's brother-in-law
- Mounika as Sruthi's sister
- Sravan as Sripathi's son
- Jenny as Priest
- Sravani as Sruthi's aunt
- Megha Sri as Sruthi's sister
- Mukthar Khan as Commissioner Sarath Chandra
- Satyadev Kancharana
- Thagubothu Ramesh
- Avantika Vandanapu as Avantika
- Raghu Karumanchi
- Saikumar Pampana
- Sakshi Chaudhary as item number
|Soundtrack album by|
|Producer||Yuvan Shankar Raja|
|Yuvan Shankar Raja chronology|
|1.||"O Kshanam"||Sri Mani||S. Aishwarya, Deepak||5:23|
|2.||"Adi Lekka"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Revanth||3:51|
|3.||"Aakaasam"||Ramajogayya Sastry||M. L. R. Karthikeyan, S. Aishwarya||4:00|
|4.||"Adhirindhe"||Sri Mani||Geetha Madhuri||3:41|
|5.||"Watch Out For Danger" (Instrumental)||Blaaze||1:57|
- "Oxygen (Overview)". IQLIK Movies.
- "Oxygen (2017) - Oxygen Telugu Movie - Oxygen Review, Cast & Crew, Release Date, Photos, Videos – Filmibeat". FilmiBeat.
- "First look of Gopichand's Oxygen". Indiaglitz. 14 April 2016.
Our action thriller is coming with a never-seen-before concept.
- "Oxygen will be an action thriller". AP Herald.
The movie is an action thriller with all necessary elements of a commercial entertainer.
- "Oxygen (Heroine)". Celebrity Profiles.
- "Oxygen (Cast & Crew)". Tupaki.com.
- "Oxygen (Opening)". Indiaglitz.
- "Oxygen (Audio Launch)". Idlebrain.