Orange High School (Ohio)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Orange High School (OHS) is a public high school located in Pepper Pike, Ohio, an eastern suburb in the Greater Cleveland metropolitan area of Northeast Ohio. OHS is the only high school in the Orange City School District.
|Orange High School|
32000 Chagrin Boulevard
|School district||Orange City School District|
|Teaching staff||58.00 (on a FTE basis)|
|Student to teacher ratio||12.57|
|Color(s)||Orange and black|
|Fight song||Buckeye Battle Cry|
|Athletics conference||Chagrin Valley Conference|
|Rival||Beachwood High School, Chagrin Falls High School|
|Newspaper||The Orange Outlook|
|Yearbook||ORAN (Orange Annual)|
In 1924 the Orange Schools were consolidated from the individually operated Orange Township public schools. That year, the Foreman family donated the first 10 acres (40,000 m2) of property to ultimately comprise a 172-acre (0.70 km2) school district campus and the first Orange Schools building was opened on the current site of the high school. This facility was expanded numerous times to accommodate the growth of the five cities, Pepper Pike, Hunting Valley, Woodmere, Orange, and Moreland Hills, formerly comprising Orange Township.
In 1973, the current Orange High School's contemporary structure was expanded upon, built around and opened on the site of the original school building.
This article's list of alumni may not follow Wikipedia's verifiability policy. (April 2011)
- Vanessa Bayer, former Saturday Night Live cast member
- Frank Cavanagh, musician, Filter
- Jacob Cramer, writer and social activist
- Mark Rosewater, head designer for Magic: The Gathering
- JD Samson, musician, Le Tigre
- George Stephanopoulos, host of ABC's This Week, Good Morning America co-anchor, senior political adviser, press secretary and communications director for U.S. President Bill Clinton
- "Orange High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved February 4, 2019.
- "Search for Public Schools-Search Detail for Orange High School". nces.ed.gov. US Department of Education. Retrieved 9 October 2016.
- "Orange Schools". Orange City School District. Retrieved 1 November 2014.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association Web site". Retrieved 2006-12-31.