This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (May 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Oracle Reports is a tool for developing reports against data stored in an Oracle database. Oracle Reports consists of Oracle Reports Developer (a component of the Oracle Developer Suite) and Oracle Application Server Reports Services (a component of the Oracle Application Server).
Oracle RPT was an early, primitive predecessor to SQL*Report Writer. There was no editor or IDE provided and instead the reports were created by editing text files to control the report output.
- Character based report writing tool.
- The software was purchased by Oracle from a third party
Oracle Reports 1Edit
- New GUI mode IDE
- Major rewrite
Oracle Reports 2.0Edit
Oracle Reports 2.5Edit
Release April 1995. New Object Navigator. New Toolbars. New Menus.
Still no undos.
More stable IDE.
Oracle Reports 6iEdit
New features added in 6i:
- WebDB integration
- XML Output
- HTML Parameter Form Extensions
- SQL Access to the Reports Server Queue
- EXEC_SQL Integration
Oracle Reports 9iEdit
New features added in 9i:
- XML report definition
- Query types: XML, JDBC, Oracle9i OLAP, text files
- Pluggable Data Sources
- Java Importer
- Oracle9i JDeveloper Integration
- Oracle9i SCM Integration
- Integration with BI Beans
- Oracle9iAS Portal Report Import
- Edit Oracle9iAS Discoverer Worksheet Export.
Oracle Reports 10gEdit
New features added in 10g:
- New output format spreadsheet, output to Microsoft Excel.
- Extended HTML formatting customisation
- Compliant to HTML 4.01 and XML 1.1 standards...