Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and market maker for various exchange-listed financial instruments. Its name derives from the Dutch optie verhandelaar, or "option trader". The company is privately owned. Optiver trades listed derivatives, cash equities, exchange-traded funds, bonds and foreign exchange.
|Jan Boomaars (CEO)|
Number of employees
Optiver was founded by Johann Kaemingk on April 9, 1986 as a market maker in options on the European Options Exchange (EOE), which is now Euronext. Optiver is a member of the European Principal Traders Association (FIA EPTA), FIA Principal Trading Group (PTG) in the US and FIA Japan.
- In 2012, the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) fined Optiver for $14 million in civil monetary penalties and disgorgement.
- In 2016, Optiver was reported to have joined a consortium to build a faster data transmission network between Chicago and Tokyo.
- Also in 2016 Optiver cemented a sponsorship agreement with Dutch chess grandmaster Anish Giri, to support him on his quest to become world champion.
- In 2017, Optiver joined with Equiduct to offer a one-stop shop for best execution.[further explanation needed]
- "Optiver annual report 2016" (PDF).
- Detrixhe, John (18 September 2015). "Optiver Hires Former Goldman Partner Boomaars as Europe CEO" – via www.bloomberg.com.
- Detrixhe, John; de Jong, David; David, Ruth (18 June 2015). "HFT Powerhouse Amsterdam Glimpsed Through Speed-Trader IPO" – via www.bloomberg.com.
- "Optiver – About Us".
- "FIA EPTA Members".
- "High-frequency trader Optiver pays $14 million in oil manipulation case". 20 April 2017 – via Reuters.
- "Federal Court Orders $14 Million in Fines and Disgorgement Stemming from CFTC Charges against Optiver and Others for Manipulation of NYMEX Crude Oil, Heating Oil, and Gasoline Futures Contracts and Making False Statements". 29 April 2012 – via U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission – www.cftc.gov.
- Lewis, Brian (11 November 2016). "Traders Plan Supercharged Chicago-to-Tokyo Network" – via www.bloomberg.com.
- "Anish Giri gast op feest sponsor" – via www.oranjeaanzet.nl.
- "Optiver & Equiduct offer best execution for equities and ETFs". Automated Trader Ltd. 20 December 2017 – via www.automatedtrader.net.
|This bank, insurance, or other financial services corporation article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|