Onet.pl is one of the largest Polish web portals. It is owned by the Kraków-based Grupa Onet.pl S.A. It was founded in 1996 by Optimus company. According to Alexa rankings, as of October 2017, it was the 45th most popular website worldwide and the 3rd most popular site in Poland. As of December 2016, it is the 6th most visited website in Poland, 311th in the UK, and 375th worldwide.
Type of site
|Founded||June 2, 1996|
|Owner||Axel Springer SE and Ringier|
|Created by||Oddział Internet|
|Alexa rank||386 (October 2017[update])|
Among its services is one of Polish online encyclopedias, the WIEM Encyklopedia. It also has a licence for Rebtel service (marketed in Poland as OnetRebtel) and Skype service (marketed in Poland as OnetSkype). Its other services include email, web hosting, Usenet access, web forums and online chats.
Onet had hosted over 800,000 active blogs but in 2018 due to popularity of social media, the service was closed.
- "Onet.pl Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2017-10-23.
- Alexa Web Search - Top 500 Accessed 2007-12-12
- Alexa Top Sites Poland. Accessed 2007-12-12.
- "onet.pl Competitive Analysis, Marketing Mix and Traffic - Alexa". www.alexa.com.
- "Ringier Axel Springer Media AG and TVN S.A. enter into an agreement regarding the acquisition of 75 percent of the shares in leading Polish online portal Onet.pl". Axel Springer SE. June 4, 2012.
- Portal's not dead: the Onet.pl strategy in Window on the Media, October 2008
- "Onet zamyka Blog.pl. „Efekt rosnącej roli mediów społecznościowych"". www.wirtualnemedia.pl.
- (in Polish) Homepage
|This Polish corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a web portal is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|