On Your Feet or on Your Knees
On Your Feet or on Your Knees is the first live album by American rock band Blue Öyster Cult, released February 27, 1975 by Columbia Records. The album features three songs from each of the band's first three studio albums, two covers ("I Ain't Got You," albeit with modified lyrics, and "Born to Be Wild"), and one ("Buck's Boogie") original instrumental that remains a staple of the band's live shows to this day. The 12 songs include performances at the Academy of Music in New York City, the Paramount Theatre in Portland, the Paramount Theatre in Seattle, the Show Palace in Phoenix, the Long Beach Arena, the P.N.E. Coliseum in Vancouver and the Capitol Theatre in New Jersey, though it's not clear which songs came from which venues and on what dates. The cover lettering designed by Gerard Huerta, also used on the 2012 boxed set, was one of the first "Heavy Metal" logo designs.
|On Your Feet or on Your Knees|
|Live album by|
|Released||February 27, 1975|
|Recorded||April 27, 1974|
October 5–21, 1974
|Venue||Academy of Music, New York City|
Paramount Theatre, Portland, Oregon
Paramount Theatre, Seattle, Washington
Show Palace, Phoenix, Arizona
Long Beach Arena, Long Beach, California
P.N.E. Coliseum, Vancouver, British Columbia
Capitol Theatre, New Jersey
|Blue Öyster Cult chronology|
|Christgau's Record Guide||C+|
|Collector's Guide to Heavy Metal||8/10|
|1.||"Subhuman"||Eric Bloom, Sandy Pearlman||7:30|
|2.||"Harvester of Eyes"||Donald Roeser, Bloom, Richard Meltzer||4:55|
|3.||"Hot Rails to Hell"||Joe Bouchard||5:55|
|4.||"The Red and the Black"||Albert Bouchard, Bloom, Pearlman||4:33|
|5.||"7 Screaming Diz-Busters"||A. Bouchard, J. Bouchard, Pearlman, Roeser||8:27|
|1.||"Then Came The Last Days of May"||Roeser||4:35|
|2.||"Cities on Flame With Rock-And-Roll"||Roeser, A. Bouchard, Pearlman||4:08|
|3.||"ME 262"||Bloom, Roeser, Pearlman||8:47|
|4.||"Before the Kiss (A Redcap)"||Allen Lanier, Murray Krugman, Roeser, Pearlman||5:05|
|5.||"Maserati GT (I Ain't Got You)"||Calvin Carter||8:59|
|6.||"Born to Be Wild"||Mars Bonfire||6:36|
- Band members
- Eric Bloom - lead vocals on tracks 1-2, 4-5, 9, 11-12, stun guitar, synthesizer
- Donald "Buck Dharma" Roeser - lead guitar, lead vocals on "Then Came The Last Days of May" and "Before the Kiss (A Redcap)"
- Allen Lanier - rhythm guitar, keyboards
- Joe Bouchard - bass, lead vocals on "Hot Rails to Hell"
- Albert Bouchard - drums, guitar, lead vocals on "Cities on Flame With Rock-And-Roll"
- Ruhlmann, William. "Blue Öyster Cult - On Your Feet or on Your Knees review". AllMusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2012-03-16.
- Christgau, Robert (1981). "Consumer Guide '70s: B". Christgau's Record Guide: Rock Albums of the Seventies. Ticknor & Fields. ISBN 089919026X. Retrieved February 22, 2019 – via robertchristgau.com.
- Popoff, Martin (October 2003). The Collector's Guide to Heavy Metal: Volume 1: The Seventies. Burlington, Ontario, Canada: Collector's Guide Publishing. p. 54. ISBN 978-1894959025.
- Miller, Jim (8 May 1975). "Album Reviews: Blue Oyster Cult - On Your Feet or on Your K nees". Rolling Stone. Archived from the original on 2008-01-19. Retrieved 2012-04-10.
- "On Your Feet or on Your Knees Billboard Albums". AllMusic. Rovi Corporation. Archived from the original on April 9, 2012. Retrieved 2012-03-16.
- "Blue Öyster Cult Billboard Albums". AllMusic. Rovi Corporation. Archived from the original on November 12, 2010. Retrieved 2012-03-16.
- "Top Albums/CDs - Volume 23, No. 9, April 26, 1975". Library and Archives Canada. 26 April 1975. Retrieved 2012-03-16.
- "RIAA Searchable Database - search for Blue Oyster Cult". RIAA. Retrieved July 22, 2012.